A teleporter is not working for me.

Chloe081 Eglerion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I belong to the Village Slave Hunt Prey group. I wear my meter and the hud, I have very a very minimal script count, and everything loads for me. But I get to the teleporter and I can't teleport down to where I want to be. You can't get there directly; you have to go through the teleporter. It says that its processing my request, then its found a teleporter, and then its processing my request. The teleport doesn't load, and it just goes back to the usual green. There's been people right next to me and its worked for them, and I can see the teleport. One sweet bystander activated the teleport and let me jump on it, and it worked just fine. Is there something wrong with me? I've used it before, but it was months ago. I want to start visiting the location more often, but it can be frustrating because I feel like there's something wrong with my system. Has anyone had the same problem? And is there anything I can do?! Thanks for your time.

4 answers to this question

I know you say you have only a minimal script count but have you tried using the teleport without wearing any scripted items whatsoever just to see what happens. That includes not wearing scripted shoes, hair, AO etc. Just wearall no-script clothing and attachments. Maybe something will show up when you start adding items one by one.

Other issues can also cause teleports to fail although yours is somewhat unusual in that you can't even start the teleport. There is a Troubleshooting Teleporting wiki page here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_teleporting and you may wish to have a look at it.

From your description, it sounds as if the teleporter is a custom-scripted device designed for point to point transport within the same sim.  The basic technology is simple, but that particular one may have safeguards built into so that it can only be used by group members, or maybe can only be used if you are wearing a special talisman.  Even if that's not the case, it may just be finicky, so that you have to click it in just the right place to make it work.  Without knowing more about the device and its script, though, there's no way for me to tell exactly why you're having trouble with it.

Just a guess, but do you have to be wearing your group tag to make it work? As in, does your group have to be the active group at the time of teleport? When I try to buy things at stores that are specifically only for the stores group, I have to right click on my group in the my groups section and choose Activate.

Contact the SIM owner or property owner and ask him about it. Rerezzing it might fix it, if not, then the script may need to be reset if it's a full permissions scripts.

To find out who the owner is, right click the object then click object profile. You want the owner not it's creator of the object.

When you contact the owner ask him if it's group only.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.