How to restore furniture to previous relative position after changing land

extrafruit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I am not sure if my question would make any sense. I want to move to another land or parcel but I am wondering if there is no way at the moment to restore the furniture to their previous positions after rezzing my new home at the new land or parcel, relative to some rezzing prim or an existing tool. I feel that it would be a lot of work to redecorate the floors and walls, plus to put back all the furniture. I have seen that most furnished homes that we buy on SL must be using some mechanism that stores the positions of the furniture and rezzes them at those positions, relative to the rezzer. My house is not furnished, so I am wondering how can I take the furniture, put it into some prim and have it to rez at the new home, provided I put the rez at some exact spot every time.

6 answers to this question

There are many rez box systems on the market. Take a look in Marketplace. I have used Builders Buddy, one of the original systems,  for many years. You'll find it in the library of helpful scripts in the LSL wiki at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Builders_Buddy  It's free and pretty easy to use. Basically, the system involves using two scripts. You drop a copy of one in each item that you want to put in the rez box. The other script goes in a prim that will become the rez box.  When the scripts are in place,  you activate the one in the box and it records the positions of all the other scripted objects. You pick up the objects as a lump and drop them in the box too.  Good, detailed instructions are in the wiki article. 

Edited by Rolig Loon
Typos, of course
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

OMG, really? I have always picked up the objects one at a time, cursing how fiddly and exasperating the setup process was.

Hmmm ... you may be right. /me runs off to read the instructions again. Memory at 1:00 a.m. isn't what it used to be... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.