Sign in to follow this  
2toe Bigboots

Deleting Object Inventory

Is there a way to have a script to get rid or a cerin notecard when it recieves the same name

Say i have Object A it has  notecard  config in it

And object B sends object A a note card Config

i want object a to only read the new note card

Unfortunately you (by you I mean the script) can't rename a notecard once you receive it.   So if a duplicate name comes in the system is going to add to the name to make it unique. 

A work around is for the sending object to send a preparation message (hey, get rid of the config notecard because I'm about to send a new one.)  Wait a bit (or wait for a confirming response message.)   Then send the new config notecard.

oKAY SO HOW WOULD I HAVE THE OBJECT GET RID OF THE OLD ONE BEFORE SENDING THE NEW ONE ?

Srry caps

I dont know of a function to git rid of inventory ?? can me making it no trans and having it give to a link work ?

2toe Bigboots wrote:

oKAY SO HOW WOULD I HAVE THE OBJECT GET RID OF THE OLD ONE BEFORE SENDING THE NEW ONE ?

Use llRemoveInventory

So let me know if this would be the best way

Send from update server the Romoveinventory script that will ditch the old notcard make script wait a little then send the new card ??

Seems ok - you could check first if the script in question is there and then after the call to the llRemoveInventory you could check if it's done. This last step I would probably do before sending the new script

Just write ....

default{     touch_start(integer num)     {          llRegionSay(-19483, ""Die, old card!"); 
llSleep(5.0);
llGiveInventory("
UUID of your Object Goes Here", llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_NOTECARD,0)); }}

And then have this script in your receiving object ...

default{    state_entry()     {          llListen(-19483,"","","");     }     listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string msg)     {          if(msg == "Die, old card!")          {              llRemoveInventory(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_NOTECARD,0));          }     }}

Just be sure that your two scripts are in the same region.  Otherwise, you'll have to use something other than llRegionSay.

• Like 1