Custom mesh buildings / props

ChloeVida

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

I'd like to create custom mesh buildings,furniture and props.But I don't know, how do people set their rates for custom stuff? And also, how do you sell the item itself.Say I made a club,for example.Do I list it on my MP for the person to buy it and then delete it,or do I rez it and they buy it directly? But then,won't Linden Lab investigate why you made so many L$ all of a sudden?Especially if you start having more customers?

I'm quite confused.What are the steps to selling custom mesh in line with SecondLife's TOS ?

I would highly appreciate some adviceĀ šŸ™:)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 3:44 AM, ChloeVida said:

Hello.

I'd like to create custom mesh buildings,furniture and props.But I don't know, how do people set their rates for custom stuff? And also, how do you sell the item itself.Say I made a club,for example.Do I list it on my MP for the person to buy it and then delete it,or do I rez it and they buy it directly? But then,won't Linden Lab investigate why you made so many L$ all of a sudden?Especially if you start having more customers?

I'm quite confused.What are the steps to selling custom mesh in line with SecondLife's TOS ?

I would highly appreciate some adviceĀ šŸ™:)

Normally you would ask for some money upfront before beginning work. Some mesh makers don't bother with this, but I have seen 50% asked for at times. You will want to be able to show a good portfolio of your work before anyone is willing to hand over their money to you. Some mesh makers accept lindens, others prefer Paypal. LL won't investigate you for receiving lindens from another player for doing this work. When you do custom mesh, the person you are working for is usually going to expect a DAE file and all textures, and may want the 3d file as well, so you will have to email that to them, most people won't want to buy an object in world that has someone else's name as creator unless it is a store build or something. You will need to show the buyer what you have made and ensure they are happy with it, take payment, then send them the files. Rates for custom mesh vary widely, you will have to place a value on your own time, effort, and talent. Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.