Business And Company

GabWolfbr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/16/2023 at 1:25 PM, GabWolfbr said:

How can i start my own business in second life ?, you people know somewhere i can find a Business mentor or book to i receive more knowledge about it.

there is no course for it, you have it, or you don't.

Most develop their skills during working .. start as worker, grow to manager and to entrepreneur ..

and not to forget...  a start capital, businessplan and a developed skill at the sort of business you want.

Edited by Juan Marques

Most businesses in SL are hobbies, or start off that way. So there is no need to approach it so seriously. Just...start.

There are two main economic areas in SL: virtual land and virtual goods.

To get into the land business, all you need is some money. Buy a hunk of land, divide it up into parcels, advertise them for rent. Collect money from tenants and deal promptly with problems. It's also a good idea to know how land works in SL, so I don't recommend trying to become a landlord until you have owned your own land parcel for at least several months. And don't plan on having every parcel occupied right away. It will take your operation time to become profitable, if it ever does (for me, it took over a year). So be sure you have enough money in reserve to keep paying your land fees, even when you don't have many tenants.

Becoming a content creator doesn't necessarily take a lot of money up front, but it requires a big investment of your time. You must have, or develop, skills with software like Blender and Photoshop, or script writing with LSL. You then have to use those skills to create stuff. Most creators specialize in a particular area: clothing, jewelry, shoes, hair, buildings, plants, furniture, vehicles, poses or animations. In the beginning, you don't need to pay a lot of money for an in-world store, but simply sell your creations on the Marketplace. If your stuff starts to sell well, I do recommend setting up an in world store too. It's a great way to showcase your content.

With any business, you can take one of two different approaches. Plan One: Offer goods of very superior quality, and price them high. Be a "prestige brand". This has the advantage that you don't need nearly as much content. You can offer land parcels that are already landscaped, with a luxury home on them, to clients willing to pay for the very best. Be a Ferrari or a Dior.

Or, Plan Two: Offer stuff that is acceptable, but price it below your competition. Be a bottom feeder, a discount king. Have frequent $L60 sales. Offer small land parcels, or even scruffy hotel rooms, for just a few $L per week. Be a Toyota or a Levi Strauss. This approach leads to more sales, but much more labor per $L earned on your part.

Obviously, I like Plan One better, but it can be hard to do. You must become very good at advertising your content in a way that attracts customers who are willing to pay more for the best. And of course, your skills must also BE right at the top, too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.