Marketplace search showing thousands of unrelated results for multiple keywords. This started about 2 days ago...

Ample Clarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure why I am the first to post about it but the marketplace is showing thousands of results for keywords which used to only show a few.

For example, search: 1 prim piano. You'll get 10,000 results. There used to be only a couple dozen before. You can go through the top results, view the "page source" and see 99.9% of the listings don't even have the keywords 1 prim piano.

Now search the keyword "piano" and you get 4500 results. That seems fair.

Search: piano skin, 10k results even though those two aren't even related one bit.

It's always 10k results with multiple unrelated keywords at random.

edit: seems there's another post in the marketplace forum. Looks like LL is aware of the issue. How do I delete this post?

Edited by Ample Clarity
found another post,

Has anyone discovered that some of their searches on the MP are not bringing back results that are anywhere near being what you searched for? 

Like searching for Spin the bottle and you dont find one in the first 75 results. Now there's always been *****es sprinkled through every search for years , but now it's really ridiculous the amount of unrelated results and not just male genitalia....this is a recent problem that has cropped up...like the last week or so. 

I dont see anything on the SL grid status page about it so I filed a ticket. 

Thanks , Community. :)

1 hour ago, Ample Clarity said:

For example, search: 1 prim piano. You'll get 10,000 results. There used to be only a couple dozen before. You can go through the top results, view the "page source" and see 99.9% of the listings don't even have the keywords 1 prim piano.

Based on everything people have been saying, you'd now get the old results with "1 AND prim AND piano" - 91 results.

As a small side-note, the search looks at more than just tags (as before). The description and "works with" field is also matched.

• Like 1

Yep. Search is broken. Best selling and Relevance results...well ...aren't best selling or relevant. Search for anything and it brings up elements which are not in the slightest bit related. If you want genitalia or anything of that ilk you'll be fine as they always appear on the first page of anything you search for. I don't sell that much on the MP, maybe an item a day but I haven't had any bites the last few days. That's affecting me and I only do it for a bit of pocket change and for fun but it must be hitting the big players in SL more.

Edited by Yoofaloof Pacer

MP search is definitely not working and hasn't been for several days. As someone pointed out, if you search for anything, expect to get a lot of genitals in the first results (assuming you have Adult settings enabled) and then nothing relevant to your search.

Like TessaPaige and some others have said, if you put your search query in "quotes" it will function like it did before it seems. Clearly there is something either broken or they have changed the search functionality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skyler Pancake said:

Uhg. Please no. This amounts to harassment.

Who is harassing who?

The only possible harassment I can see is management against its own product.  I'm not saying or encouraging anyone to open a ticket either, it's already at the status page, a million tickets won't help at all. All we can do is wait, and take it as it is, apparently is not that of a big deal for them, it was "released", quietly (botched or not, it's still there)... they didn't feel it would be good to give any sort of heads up... still no announcement other than a late vague status page notice, and canned answers at support tickets, JIRA... it's just SL being SL, showing that some things will never change even with new ownership.

Edited by Andred Darwin

32 minutes ago, Yoofaloof Pacer said:

I can't believe that more folk aren't kicking up a fuss about this. Surely it must be hitting the big players in their pockets hard.

How much fuss can you kick up. It states on the status page they are working on it. What more do you want?

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How much fuss can you kick up. It states on the status page they are working on it. What more do you want?

His point is probably about what quite a few people is thinking and questioning right now. "How come something like this is released? Cannot find my items at the Marketplace.".

Even in-world I got a few messages from others that saw the posts (and comments are not very nice either...) ... maybe doesn't matter to you and may not change a thing you do when enjoying SL, but for others it might.... 

Edited by Andred Darwin
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.