What percent of SL users are age verified?

bhead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm a researcher and am working on SL project.  We are doing research with SL users.  We need to know the percentage of SL users who are age verified.  I have not been able to find any documentation on this through web or SL 'answers' searches.  If available, I'd also like to have a webpage or article to reference for this.

2 answers to this question

Hi,

Welcome to Second Life Forums. I have never seen data about what percentage of users is age verified. I don't think that such data is available however this is my personal thought. The solution would be a survey among 1000 Residents at least.

Edit

Of course Linden Lab knows the number but I doubt it would be revealed to anyone. It is so called sensitive data. 

If the number is known, only LL would know it.  The best way to find out would be to write a letter on your professional letterhead, outlining your research and the reason why you want the information.  I have no idea whether LL would respond to such a request.  As a privately-held company, they are under no obligation to provide data to the general public. However, a request from a credible researcher is more likely to get attention than a casual note of curiosity.  If LL needs to devote staff time to compile data, don't be surprised if they charge you for it. 

Linden Lab

945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

(415) 243-9000

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.