Area Search and Multi-vendors

Jazaar Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Most of the items in my shop have their own named vendor, but a number of the older/slower selling items I have placed in a Caspervend Multi-vendor. This works fine except when someone comes to the shop and does an area search for one of those items, it of course does not show up since there is nothing actually present with those names (as all the info is on the Casper server side).

I know I could brute force a solution by making little invisible prims beside the Multi-vendor that just have the names of those products, but that seems a poor use of prims. Does anyone have any more elegant ideas?

Thanks!

The real problem is one step back: Where are your customers getting a name of an item without a working slurl to directly in-front of the relevant vendor? If that's too hard to fix, perhaps add an additional vendor with literally everything in your store searchable by product name?

Thank you, Tessa. I believe the customers are getting the item name from MP, and coming to the store to purchase (or to look around). My MP listings have one LZ location for the store, not by vendor location. As I move products around in the store, keeping those all updated on MP location-wise would not be practical.

Right now there is just the one multi-vendor, with just the overflow items in it. I could set it up to have everything, so they could search for the whole lot. I'll ponder that idea. :)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, Casper Warden said:

We could potentially make a search kiosk. How would that fit your needs? :)

From t he point of view of this shopper, it would help a lot. I dislike multi-vendors because they are comparatively slow to browse, but sometimes I do shop from them because that is where something i want is. It would be helpful to have a way to know which one the item I seek is in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.