Need help with Solarian texturing (I have the files)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well thank goodness a new friend was able to find me the right files so I can customize!! Starting with the face and I run into an issue right away. Apparently the cheek fluffs need to be transparent at the end, but when I did that, it not only made it look odd but it also made a hole in the head behind the flap. I guess the texture repeats in that area??? The head is all one object with one texture for the whole thing (excluding eyes, eye lenses, and the ears). Sometimes it was turning my eyelids invisible too (But I think I figured that part out).

So can anyone help me retain the floof of my gal?? I use SAI, and tried masking and clipping and all the modes. I know what layer has the pattern on it that needs to be alpha, but how to set it up as such, I have NO clue. It's like...my friend explained it as layers? Top layer needs the alpha but the bottom ones don't??? There's ONE texture so IDK how that works??? I've been gone from SL for ages now, only just returned, so can someone walk me through it step by step???image.png

The Solarian does a few funky tricks like this. The fluffs inworld are a separate texture face using the same texture area as the head beneath, so just select that face in particular and set it to alpha mode: alpha masking, and the head below to alpha mode: none. The viewer overwrites those settings to alpha blending (do not use alpha blending for the fluffs, lighting will not work correctly on top of other glitches) when you change the texture via the texture picker.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.