Private profile notes disappearing

Tourmaline Falken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've noticed a strange issue regarding my profile notes on someone else's profile.  This person has a private profile and has dissolved our friendship a few weeks ago.  In the last few days, I no longer see the profile notes I made for them, dating back to last August. This may be related to them deleting the calling card for the friendship as well, but not certain.  I have tried checking with several viewers (Phoenix, Firestorm, Viewer 2.7) and also on the Beta grid.  I now see no notes for this person in any viewer.

Could this be related to:

Profile privacy

Viewer being used

Deleting of calling card

Other?

Any suggestions on how to get the notes back?

3 answers to this question

I haven`t noticed this myself, but what you could do is use an alt and try to reproduce the exact set of circumstances that happened with your ex friend and see if you can make it happen again. If you prove that it is a bug that can be reproduced, create a JIRA for it explaing how to do it, so that the devs will be able to track down the exact cause.

Check first that no JIRA already exists & if you find that it happens on all viewers submit the JIRA on the LL site, but if its specific to Phoenix/Firestorm, submit it on their JIRA site.

• Like 1

Tourmaline Falken wrote:

I've noticed a strange issue regarding my profile notes on someone else's profile.  This person has a private profile and has dissolved our friendship a few weeks ago.  In the last few days, I no longer see the profile notes I made for them, dating back to last August. This may be related to them deleting the calling card for the friendship as well, but not certain.  I have tried checking with several viewers (Phoenix, Firestorm, Viewer 2.7) and also on the Beta grid.  I now see no notes for this person in any viewer.

Could this be related to:

Profile privacy

Viewer being used

Deleting of calling card

Other?

Any suggestions on how to get the notes back?

I've not heard of this happening before either. As Peewee says, it sounds like a possible bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.