Grid Status - Scripts Not Running, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, it's not just me!  Scripts not running, wrong scripts running, can't run scripts, etc. etc.

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Investigating - We are receiving reports that scripts are malfunctioning for regions found on RC Server channels. Our engineers are investigating this issue further. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I am sorry but enough is enough!  Does Linden Labs no longer have any Quality Assurance person or group?   They roll out new server software and ooops! we got a problem. The we that has the real problem are the creators, and land owners, and the active residents.  Teleporters are broken.  We can't rent homes, parcels, or stores because the rent boxes don't recognize the resident we are trying to rent to and they go away.  We can't run fishing contests, huggers aren't working, and every few minutes here comes another report from a resedent or a potential resident.  Group officers and land managers can only log off and wait. But oh lord help us if we don't pay our tier on time.  Seriously Linden's you have to do better. 

Caleb Kit  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Caleb Kit said:

I am sorry but enough is enough!  Does Linden Labs no longer have any Quality Assurance person or group?   They roll out new server software and ooops! we got a problem. The we that has the real problem are the creators, and land owners, and the active residents.  Teleporters are broken.  We can't rent homes, parcels, or stores because the rent boxes don't recognize the resident we are trying to rent to and they go away.  We can't run fishing contests, huggers aren't working, and every few minutes here comes another report from a resedent or a potential resident.  Group officers and land managers can only log off and wait. But oh lord help us if we don't pay our tier on time.  Seriously Linden's you have to do better. 

Caleb Kit  

Fight the machine! 🦼🚽♻️

4 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

It bricked a lot of scripted pets. Clearly they need to buy a bunch of kitties and horses for their test regions. Fortunately, doesn't seem to have impacted the region where I keep mine.

Ugh, hope I didn't lose code, depending on when the rollout started! 

Think I only made one code change this morning. I usually back things up right away, but AFTER testing!

Ugh..plus interpreter script notecard changes.

Yuck. Could be worse!

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ugh, hope I didn't lose code, depending on when the rollout started! 

Think I only made one code change this morning. I usually back things up right away, but AFTER testing!

Ugh..plus interpreter script notecard changes.

Yuck. Could be worse!

It seems like it just stopped scripts running rather than changing/deleting them. Hopefully everything will reboot as they roll everything back.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

It seems like it just stopped scripts running rather than changing/deleting them. Hopefully everything will reboot as they roll everything back.

I saw fun things like: ran scripts that I had set to "not running"; ran wrong script on recompile/reset; etc. 

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Fight the machine! 🦼🚽♻️

Lets Get'EM! \o/

I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. I’m gonna hang up this phone, and then I’m gonna show these people what you don’t want them to see. I’m gonna show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders and boundaries… a world where anything is possible. Where you go from here is a choice I leave to you.”

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

Some things are almost impossible to test at small scale. The problems don't show up until they have a heavy load to deal with, so the only real way to be sure that the upgrades are successful is to try them out on a hefty but still limited part of the main grid.  That way, if they fail, you haven't knocked everything out at once.  Usually server upgrades either have only minor bugs or none at all, so we aren't aware of the fact that the RC regions were even being used to test something. This time, something must have caught fire badly enough that it's taken time to clear all the smoke and put things back the way they were. You can bet a lot of Lindens missed lunch today.

• Like 2

Yeah, sometimes things just seem OK until you give them to real people in a live situation. One trigger event and it all goes pearshaped. That's not to say there shouldn't be more isolated testing first but sometimes with the best will in the world (and a limited budget in time and money), it goes wrong.

I mean... no-one would even use software if the maker of it insisted on forcing all their users to be full time test subjects, to save doing proper in-house testing in a safe environment first. You know, like repeated forced updates which just break your computer so badly you can't use it until the next update, or break other software that you need to do your job, or break email, or decide that your printer is no longer on the 'good' list, or change settings that you don't want changed or remove the ability to have that setting whatsoever, and then has the audacity to shove adverts onto your screen while you are stuck unable to work effectively and trying to fix what used to by your PC... no, no-one would even install it and if they were forced or coerced into doing so there would be mass rebellion. [cough... Windows 10....cough]

Edited by Rick Daylight
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Some things are almost impossible to test at small scale. The problems don't show up until they have a heavy load to deal with, so the only real way to be sure that the upgrades are successful is to try them out on a hefty but still limited part of the main grid.  That way, if they fail, you haven't knocked everything out at once.  Usually server upgrades either have only minor bugs or none at all, so we aren't aware of the fact that the RC regions were even being used to test something. This time, something must have caught fire badly enough that it's taken time to clear all the smoke and put things back the way they were. You can bet a lot of Lindens missed lunch today.

Plus, the login issues were supposedly not related to the RC issues. I conflated "release candidate" with "RC Channel" in my mind, so ended up thinking "RC" stood for "release channel"!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.