Issue of group tags not working even though they are active.

LokiSwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm ready to pull my hair out. I don't know how to make my group tags work properly. For example rn I can't get my 5 lindens 1 hour tag to register when buying. I've had this issue on a few other groups. I use the most recent version of Firestorm; is there something in my preferences I've missed that will fix this? I would think it was an issue with the sellers/groups permissions, but other ppl have been able to buy no problem. And it's not every group tag. I'm sure the answer is somewhere obvious, and I'm just an idiot, but if someone has that answer it would be very appreciated. 😭

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Are you sure you're using the right group? Some stores and clubs have several groups, for different purposes. One way of checking that sometimes works is to note the group tag other people are wearing. Does yours say the same thing?

As far as I could tell yes. and I usually try and "edit" items to see if the group is diff and sometimes it is, so I change it if I can join it, but in some cases it is the exact one I'm using.  

Also make sure your group tag is not hidden.

Depending on how the vendor is scripted, it may be looking at your specific active tag/role, or it might just want a specific group (regardless of tag/role).

The group doesn't have to be the same as what the object is set to.

I can't recall if LL fixed the bug with some attachments not having the same group as the avatar. That could explain the inconsistent behavior.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.