What would you spend your last 8 Lindens on ?

Tayt3rChip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently acquired a CTS Wardrobe, and need to take some time out  to set it up and  organize it. My Inventory could also use a little tlc.  Constantly buying things here and there is not helping. So I decided to do a no spend, from now till Friday. I just got back from Happy Weekend Sales and have 8 Lindens to my name, which made me wonder... What would you spend your last 8 Lindens on ?  There are so many interesting things you can buy on sl, so I'm curious as to what people would choose to spend their last 8 Lindens on.

Snapshot_2644.png

• Like 5

I often spend my "last" 8-9-10 L$ 😆

Right now I have no MP favorites under 9 L$ so I would search the MP for something on that price.

But for 10 L$ I would buy one of these from my favorites (excluding textures):

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Play-the-Mahjong-Solitaire-Game-LI9/11076486
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wooden-Coffee-Table/6466617
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aviator-Sunglasses-Oxygen/7061642

• Like 2

Nothing on my wishlist is that price, but I checked my transaction history. I have some L$5 purchases. One was a gacha resale machine, where people load the items in and it announces which one is for sale. I don't remember which item I got from it (I got a lot of stuff that day). The others were inventory clearout boxes that someone was selling for L$5 each. I'll buy those if they're decor items and cheap, as I can sort through them, resell a few things, and give the rest away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would spend it on joining a $L 5 group join for group gifts I might want. Then spend the last $L 3 on $L 1 buys. 7 Deadly Skins has weekly $L 1 skins, and there are alot of $L 1 items on MP.

Another great option is to donate to a group you like that has to support tier payments.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, 2Tessa said:

I often spend my "last" 8-9-10 L$ 😆

Right now I have no MP favorites under 9 L$ so I would search the MP for something on that price.

But for 10 L$ I would buy one of these from my favorites (excluding textures):

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Play-the-Mahjong-Solitaire-Game-LI9/11076486
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wooden-Coffee-Table/6466617
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aviator-Sunglasses-Oxygen/7061642

Those have been respectfully added to my wishlist. 

HOLD UP! WAIT A MINUTE !🖐️ You'e telling me people have boxes full of stuff that I can buy and just look through. Sort of like thrifting ? 

Why would you think it was a good idea to tell me this on a post about sorting out my inventory ? ** cries in lindens ** where do I find these fun little boxes at ? 

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

Nothing on my wishlist is that price, but I checked my transaction history. I have some L$5 purchases. One was a gacha resale machine, where people load the items in and it announces which one is for sale. I don't remember which item I got from it (I got a lot of stuff that day). The others were inventory clearout boxes that someone was selling for L$5 each. I'll buy those if they're decor items and cheap, as I can sort through them, resell a few things, and give the rest away.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I would spend it on joining a $L 5 group join for group gifts I might want. Then spend the last $L 3 on $L 1 buys. 7 Deadly Skins has weekly $L 1 skins, and there are alot of $L 1 items on MP.

Another great option is to donate to a group you like that has to support tier payments.

What would you say are the 3 best groups you're a part of ? For me its Dani's airplanes , Zooby Babies & Sunny's studio picture snappers. All three seem to be my most interactive groups, where people are happy to be helpful and supportive.

15 minutes ago, Tayt3rChip said:

HOLD UP! WAIT A MINUTE !🖐️ You'e telling me people have boxes full of stuff that I can buy and just look through. Sort of like thrifting ? 

Why would you think it was a good idea to tell me this on a post about sorting out my inventory ? ** cries in lindens ** where do I find these fun little boxes at ? 

The good news for your inventory is it takes time to find them. I spend time wandering around yard sales and similar. Inventory clearout boxes are more likely to be on random parcels in search where the owner is just clearing stuff, rather than yard sale market regions. Regular yard sale people will also sometimes box stuff up to sell, though these boxes tend to cost more (it helps to know your brands, to know if the box is worth it).

I don't end up with a huge inventory, because I'm selective about what I buy and I only keep a few of the things. I have spaces to sell or give away the rest.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

The good news for your inventory is it takes time to find them. I spend time wandering around yard sales and similar. Inventory clearout boxes are more likely to be on random parcels in search where the owner is just clearing stuff, rather than yard sale market regions. Regular yard sale people will also sometimes box stuff up to sell, though these boxes tend to cost more (it helps to know your brands, to know if the box is worth it).

I don't end up with a huge inventory, because I'm selective about what I buy and I only keep a few of the things. I have spaces to sell or give away the rest.

Is there a specific day to go to these , which search section should I search in ?  I need more details. The yard sales sound good to I think the only one I have been to is the gacha place that has so many gacha items. But I didn't know I had to take the items once I bought them so I left them all there and can't even remember what I bought. 

44 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Fish bait or Lindo seeds, that way I could earn more Linden while doing things I enjoy 😜

What are those ? Sorry noob here 

That used to be enough for eight turns on a sploder, or Zyngo 🤑

You can get some good-looking cars and vehicles on MP for less than $8...I would go for one with mod permissions, because some of the cheaper vehicle scripts aren't the best, so you can add a better script with gear shifts if you need to. Also, if you go to a yard sale and something's priced a bit more than 8L,  IM the seller and tell them you're broke, and make an offer of 8L instead 🙂 Sometimes they'll say yes! 

Or you can cash it out and then buy a £0.02 item on eBay with free postage. Or invest it in Shiba Inu - and then if it that ever goes to £1, you'll have made £2000! 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd buy the one L$8 weapon on the MP and become a highwayman to rob people of their L$!

Unfortunately it's a cutlass rather than a pistol, but beggars can't be choosers, eh. 

adam-and-the-ants-stand-and-deliver.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

A word of advice.  Always keep L$1 in your account.  That way you can get the freebies that need you to pay L$1 and get a refund with the item.

If the store uses Casper for L$1 refunded items there's a deliver option in the blue dialogue if you don't happen to have a spare L$1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You could get 8 static poses for taking pictures if you wanted.. You could actually get a lot more than that, since  you'll get a lot of pages of gift poses as well that are free, but then you will hit the 1L ones and  could get 8 more with 8 linden..

you just have to set it to lowest price to highest.

I actually got around 45 poses for like 14 linden just a little bit ago..I could have gotten more , but I already had a lot from the last time I did this ..These were just the new ones or ones I didn't need the last time..

So ya, 8 poses at the minimum.:D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tayt3rChip said:

If you want boxes of stuff I can give you plenty. I've got full perm Fun Stuff, old skins from 7DS, all the transferable hunt prizes I found on a couple of old hunts, No Copy system clothes, mesh women's clothing that were accidentally set full perm, and gift cards that have about $L 50 left on them. lol

p.s. Also breedable Twisted cube pets that are no longer supported, but include bowls of blood and an interactive knife to feed them.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.