Hello~! Would you like to watch a movie with me?

Helionia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a small group of people (3-5 people, including me) who would like to hang out once a week, watch a movie inworld and chat a little bit about our SL/RL, our hobbies or maybe share some fun/silly SL moments with each other. And if you don't want that or have a bad day, you can just chill and relax with a small group of friends :).

I don't care if you're male or female, all I'm asking is that you're not rude. 

I'm usually online during the week between 5 am and 10 am SLT. Feel free to message me inworld (I do receive offline emails, so your message won't get lost :) ).

See you!

• Like 1

Watching films on a prim is a bit of a hassle, IMO. I do watch a lot of stuff with friends in SL, but we usually have the actual film running on Discord or w2g to ensure we're synced and that we can actually see stuff. I saw the Two Towers in SL at some point and one person was having so much lag and buffering delays that even though we did a countdown on voice before hitting start, they were nearly half an hour behind when the rest of us reached the end (with most others being around 3-5 minutes apart). I also went to a film viewing at a public place once and though I arrived a few minutes before the film was supposed to start, half a dozen people had already begun, and 15-20 minutes in people were still coming; so talking about the film in chat was immediately met with angry-cinema-hushing-noises and 'no spoilers, I'm not there yet!'-s. 

That aside, it sounds like fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Watching films on a prim is a bit of a hassle, IMO. I do watch a lot of stuff with friends in SL, but we usually have the actual film running on Discord or w2g to ensure we're synced and that we can actually see stuff. I saw the Two Towers in SL at some point and one person was having so much lag and buffering delays that even though we did a countdown on voice before hitting start, they were nearly half an hour behind when the rest of us reached the end (with most others being around 3-5 minutes apart). I also went to a film viewing at a public place once and though I arrived a few minutes before the film was supposed to start, half a dozen people had already begun, and 15-20 minutes in people were still coming; so talking about the film in chat was immediately met with angry-cinema-hushing-noises and 'no spoilers, I'm not there yet!'-s. 

That aside, it sounds like fun.

Hi :),

thanks for your message and sharing your experience with me. So far with my current group of friends (4 people maximum) it actually worked out quite well, but then it really depends on the internet I guess. The TV that I'd use does have an auto-sync function, so...there's that, haha~. And honestly, I just wanna try it out and see how it goes in the first place :).

i wouldnt mind i need a lil fun with people thats welling to know me it be so much people on here that pick an choose but its like i understand you cant trust everyone but at the same time dont judge anyone by their cover but let me know im interested if you still looking for people to join 😄

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 5:23 PM, Helionia said:

I'm looking for a small group of people (3-5 people, including me) who would like to hang out once a week, watch a movie inworld and chat a little bit about our SL/RL, our hobbies or maybe share some fun/silly SL moments with each other. And if you don't want that or have a bad day, you can just chill and relax with a small group of friends :).

Let me know if you get something going -- I love to watch movies with people. Some places don't sync so well though, and not sure how to make it work. Ages ago I had a player belonging to someone else on my sim inside a big tree that worked fine, but since then syncing seems to be more of a problem. And there was an outdoor drive-in I loved going to with others.

Recently I've watched movies from Netflix or Prime with Teleparty where many can watch at once and type to the side of the movie -- that could be an option if syncing is a problem within SL. I kept a SL window open at the bottom under the movie so I could see us all sitting there, and it was like we were within SL watching a movie together.  Or the Discord option Orwar mentioned looks promising.

Anyway, let me know when you're ready and I'll likely join in.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.