I did NOT mean to go premium...I'm not even sure how that happened...is a refund possible?

CindyMaeBeincognito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Your gonna have to call billing, they are available 24 hours a day.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada) 800.294.1067

Long-Distance 703.286.6277

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

To go premium you have to clearly elect to upgrade your account by following the upgrade process as such there is no way to get the charge you formally agreed to by following the process removed from your card at all.

Your best course of action is to immidiately cancel your subscription, this will prevent your membership being renewed at the end of the month (This was agreed to with the upgrade).  You will remain premium for this month until it expires as your premium subscription has already begun the service perchased has already been rendered at this point.

By all means go ahead and call LL but I suspect that they will tell you the same thing, premium memberships are to the best of my knowledge non refundable at leastthat was the case previously.

If you bought land on the mainland, either by auction or by visiting a plot and buying it, you will have been upgraded to premium as only premium members can own mainland.

The charge is most likely not possible to reverse. But if you want to downgrade, be sure to sell the land or abandon it, and then select to downgrade on your dashboard on secondlife.com before your next billing date.

- Luc -

As you are now Premium, you have access to Live Chat https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/  it is not easy to "accidentally" upgrade your account, because the page that upgrades you specifically says you will be charged immediately if you click it, so they may just tell you that your account will be downgraded at the end of the paid period if you want to go back to basic membership.

Premium isn`t actually that expensive after you deduct the payments that you receive back & you do get access to full support and a tier free 512sqm land allowance (or Linden Home) so make the most of it while you have it and get all those things done that you may need to be Premium for. For example, do the age verification and if it fails you will be able to get manual verification while you are premium.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.