new to SL, Help with coloring a furry model.

amesyth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i am brand new to SL, i have minimal knowledge of 3d stuff but learning! I am currently using the ANIMA Fabled Fox head and am looking to customize the colors. from my understanding i am to download a psd file, however in the fabled fox head all thats there are PNg mesh files and a TGA files. How am i meant to personalize a model like this without a psd? Any help. 

PSD isn't a file extension SL can upload (and thus, download), so they have to be converted to TGA or PNG. In most cases, that's just what you get to work with. If a creator specifically wants their customers to have access to PSD files, they'll have to distribute them externally (such as via dropbox, if so it's usually found in a notecard somewhere inside of the box). Photoshop should have no issue reading TGA or PNG files though, and once you've loaded the UV maps (or bakemaps, or whatever it is they've included) you can still add layers to it though, but once you're finished and want to upload it to SL again to use it, you'll have to export it as a PNG or TGA again. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.