Need some help in joining 2 parcels of separately owned land

malcolmmerlyn1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, My wife and I are both premium members and own 2 parcels of land next to each other located on mainland. They are both 2048m, making a 4096m square. We are both owners in a group that I started, and are trying to figure out how to join the land into 1 larger 4096 parcel. Main reasons being only needing one security orb instead of 2, and being able to see each other in our combined parcel instead of having to go the others parcel just to see them due to having lands set to not visible from outside etc. We have read a lot of different discussions on these forums and it just seems to get more confusing by the minute. Can someone please give us a step by step process of what we need to do to combine the lands? I have read that the lands would need to be group owned, but am unsure if simply deeding the lands to group would be enough because it was also read about the land needing to be bought for the group etc. I am sorry, but we are confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 minutes ago, malcolmmerlyn1 said:

Hi, My wife and I are both premium members and own 2 parcels of land next to each other located on mainland. They are both 2048m, making a 4096m square. We are both owners in a group that I started, and are trying to figure out how to join the land into 1 larger 4096 parcel. Main reasons being only needing one security orb instead of 2, and being able to see each other in our combined parcel instead of having to go the others parcel just to see them due to having lands set to not visible from outside etc. We have read a lot of different discussions on these forums and it just seems to get more confusing by the minute. Can someone please give us a step by step process of what we need to do to combine the lands? I have read that the lands would need to be group owned, but am unsure if simply deeding the lands to group would be enough because it was also read about the land needing to be bought for the group etc. I am sorry, but we are confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

first be sure the owners are the same, in this case the group. 
This is done by deeding the land to the group ( and owner makes contribution with deed, this is a button the moment you deed it)

now select a small part of both parcels and click join.

Done  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, So Whimsy said:

You get 10% more on group owned land. So for 4096 + the free 1024 sqm its a total of 5632sqm for the price of 4096sqm.

I'm confused about where "the free 1024" m² arose in this calculation. I'd guess that the OP and wife each pay tier on 1024 m² and each have their Premium "bonus" 1024 m², totaling the 4096 m² they have now. So if they group contribute that entire 4096, they'll get an extra 409 m² of "group bonus" tier. Because land comes in 16 m² increments, they could use up to 400 m² of that themselves.

Note that using "Make contribution with deed" or "Buy for group" won't need to contribute the entire amount to the group, only enough to cover the land being contributed, so to see the full effect they'd then need to manually top-out the contribution in the group's "Land" tab.

(A useless observation about land use fees: It's possible to save a whopping US$ 1 / month by paying for one 2048 tier increment instead of two 1024s. I was surprised how small this "savings" is.)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm confused about where "the free 1024" m² arose in this calculation. I'd guess that the OP and wife each pay tier on 1024 m² and each have their Premium "bonus" 1024 m², totaling the 4096 m² they have now. So if they group contribute that entire 4096, they'll get an extra 409 m² of "group bonus" tier. Because land comes in 16 m² increments, they could use up to 400 m² of that themselves.

Note that using "Make contribution with deed" or "Buy for group" won't need to contribute the entire amount to the group, only enough to cover the land being contributed, so to see the full effect they'd then need to manually top-out the contribution in the group's "Land" tab.

(A useless observation about land use fees: It's possible to save a whopping US$ 1 / month by paying for one 2048 tier increment instead of two 1024s. I was surprised how small this "savings" is.)

Premium accounts get a free 1024sqm, tier free. That's where it comes from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, malcolmmerlyn1 said:

Thank you for replying. That  sounds simple enough, one further question,  we have read about group owned land getting a higher tier allotment. Is this true and if so, do you by chance know what would the 4096 tier allotment end up being?

I am a bit confused by the other answer following this  so I will add that I was part of a group that owned a 4096 for some time and with each person using his 1024 as a donation for the group land there was 400 square meters left over (I was the renter as not premium).  One of the people in the group used this bonus for a house. But  he had to buy a 512 lot and then take away all but 400 square meters for it to be completely free.  He had to pay the tier on the 512 month for the first month while he took the land off and abandoned --   after that the 400 was free. The group bonus really doesn't do much good until you own a LOT of land (the idea being way back then for people to come together in a community - not game the system).  There are a few odd sized lots to buy that are made just for the added bonus but they are rare.   

I know it is confusing. It certainly was for me.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, malcolmmerlyn1 said:

Hello again, I am sorry if I was not completely clear. We both own 2048 parcels next to each other. ?We both use our 1024 free land and we each pay for the other 1024 per month. I hope this clears up any possible confusion.

here in the topic was it a bit discussion, but if you follow the steps as posted, and cleared up with a few remarks, everything will go as it should.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.