purchased stuf from market not showing in inventory

ZinniaDuesa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok... so i purchased some things on market a couple hours ago... i did not open them or anything i clicked to keep them when they were sent to me just like i normally do. i logged off for a couple of hours and when i came back half the stuff was not in my objects for me to open. i have searched my inventory and still nothing. i cleared all my caches reseted the client i even tried phoenix imrpudence and sl viewer 2 and still nothing! what do i do?

2 answers to this question

You may need to clear your cache manually and rebuild the local copy of your inventory.  With Second Life closed, go to the appropriate pathway and delete all the files inside the "cache" folder.  (You may want to relocate any file of cached chat logs first.)

• Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\Cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ (Viewer version 1.23.5 (136262))
  • Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/SecondLife
  • Linux - ~/.secondlife/cache

Then log in a Smith or Pooley and jump start a rebuild of your cached inventory by opening inventory and typing any letter in the search field.  This will take a while, so be patient.  Don't do anything else until it is completely finished.  That should recover your missing items. If it doesn't, then it's time to file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.