help with a simple car script

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello folks. I am not really sure if this is the right section ... but I´ll give it a try.

I have a nice full perm MESH car without any scripts. So I got a set of normal car scripts and added them into the car, the wheels and so on.

But nothing is working / moving and the wheels sat square, after I added the script. The pasenger seat position is totally messed up and I don´t know how to fix it.

The car has a trunk and doors to open, but the script don´t have anything for this.

I am very untalented with this ... so is anyone here in the mood to help me some and tell me what I am doing wrong ?

That would be so cool. The car is supposed to be a gift for a special one and it is so frustrating that I don´t know how to go on.

Greetings, San

Snapshot_090.thumb.jpg.08c1731205acfb6a7afce8f47b45eed4.jpg

Sadly, you can't just drop a generic car script into a random vehicle and get it to work.  Vehicle scripts almost always need to be customized to match the characteristics of the model. If you are not already an experienced scripter, you'll need to post in the InWorld Employment forum to hire one.

The scripts must be adapted to the geometric orientation of each mesh part.

For example: a wheel can be set to rotate around one of three axis: X, Y or Z and the script have NO way to know the correct one.
Only a script customization can adjust this properly.

Same apply to the car body and to the doors, that open with a rotation. Each script must be customized to the 3D orientation and axis of rotation of each mesh part.

Edited by 2Tessa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.