How would report someone for logging in to my dashboard when they guessed the password

Heaven Mornington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

As has been mentioned definitely file an Abuse Report and change your password. 

When you change your password be a little more creative than using the name of your newly rescued kitten named Fuzzball..........after telling everyone you know how cute and playful Fuzzball is.  Something like that is too easy to guess.  I hate dreaming up passwords because they require quite a bit of thought to come up with one that is secure and not easily guessed........it's surprising how often we unconsciously leak clues about things that we might use as passwords (we all do it).  A good password should be made, not by how easy it is to remember or how easy it is to type in but how hard it is to remember and how difficult it might be to type.  I suggest a password that contains no less than 8 characters (12 is better) with both capitalized letters and lower case.  Include some random numbers that are not consecutive.  And toss in at least one symbol character (such as @ or &).  A method I often use is:  Since I'm usually listening to television while at my computer I pause to listen to whatever is being talked about at the moment and use the first off the wall thought that comes to mind (maybe the actors are talking about a murder weapon in a crime show and I'll think paint ball or some such non-sense..........then jumble up the letters so that it's not "paint ball", mix in a few numbers, a capital letter or two and throw in a % sign).  It works pretty well..........the trouble is I have to write it down because 10 minutes from the time I dreamed it up, I won't remember it.  Keep your passwords secure and don't write them down next to the account that it's for.....You just have to remember what goes with what (it's not hard).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.