What does it mean when you open someones profile and it shows unknown, instead of online or offline?

Mina McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Mina McGregor said:

What does it mean when you open someones profile and it shows unknown, instead of online or offline? 

Some information may be too old and become unavailable. Because some information are removed when reaching an age limit.

Some accounts can be deactivated, inactive for long time, deleted or waiting for deletion.

In some case the data like "last login date" can be unavailable.

For example: My first SL account is deleted by over 10 years. The name cannot be found with search, but the objects created by that account can still open the profile of the creator... but the profile show no more data available.

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

They have set it so only friends/groups can see if they are online.

When my non-friended alts look at my profile, they always see the 'Offline' message, whether or not I'm online.  They don't see 'unknown'.

Is the 'unknown' maybe specific to the LL viewer or something?

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When my non-friended alts look at my profile, they always see the 'Offline' message, whether or not I'm online.  They don't see 'unknown'.

Is the 'unknown' maybe specific to the LL viewer or something?

I think it's actually something new because I see it in the firestorm viewer now.

ETA.  They did a lot of fixes and such to the Legacy profiles to bring them up to the LL viewer which has done away with the web profiles.  This might be why things are showing differently.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I think it's actually something new because I see it in the firestorm viewer now.

ETA.  They did a lot of fixes and such to the Legacy profiles to bring them up to the LL viewer which has done away with the web profiles.  This might be why things are showing differently.

Ahh - I'm still running an old version.  Haven't got around to updating yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.