MOCAP Animation Deforming ( HELP )

xLMDx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi again,

I recently started using a Mocap suit ( xsens ) and i have successfully retargeted the avatar perfectly to import onto secondlife.

When using the animation once the animation stops my body is deformed and bends backwards.

I've tried everything i could think of   and i need help D; 

Bone translation is off and i have no touched any other settings in blender .

16 hours ago, xLMDx said:

Hi again,

I recently started using a Mocap suit ( xsens ) and i have successfully retargeted the avatar perfectly to import onto secondlife.

When using the animation once the animation stops my body is deformed and bends backwards.

I've tried everything i could think of   and i need help D; 

Bone translation is off and i have no touched any other settings in blender .

Your animation is most likely including the extra spine joints, which do not reset nor have a base animation to go back to.

In your retargeting destination rig, make sure that the spine joints aren't included to begin with.

Hi,

So I’m currently using  Avastar, I export the animation as .anim  with no bone translation and armature  scale off . And my animation start with the start of my mocap so standing still not a T pose  hope that helps for you to help me 

On 1/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, OptimoMaximo said:

Your animation is most likely including the extra spine joints, which do not reset nor have a base animation to go back to.

In your retargeting destination rig, make sure that the spine joints aren't included to begin with.

Hey im not sure what the extra spine means but here's a screen shot of the retarget for that area.

784e730de3b8206fb52ec99350aad24a.png
https://gyazo.com/784e730de3b8206fb52ec99350aad24a 

Spine1, spine2, spine3 and spine4 are extra joints from the bento additions that are folded over themselves and should not be used as they're not intended to be used on default avatars. Remove those and you'll see that your avatar won't bend backwards anymore when the animation ends

21 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Spine1, spine2, spine3 and spine4 are extra joints from the bento additions that are folded over themselves and should not be used as they're not intended to be used on default avatars. Remove those and you'll see that your avatar won't bend backwards anymore when the animation ends

Perfect you solved my issue thank you. But now the body is bending forward whilst the animation is playing   Do I need to retarget to the torso or cog ? 

Cog is fine taking the animation from the Hips joint.

Now if you look at the picture from the previous post, you had nothing driving the Torso from the mocap animation. You need to put something in the Torso and Chest slot, and you should see for yourself which joints and what combination of joints from the mocap works best, since you have multiple spine joints as input.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.