How do I add payment details on file for my profile?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Eternal Lennie said:

No. Do i need to add lindens at least once, and buy something for it to become official? 

It's a long time since I got set up, but I have heard people recently finding it didn't just update. Maybe it will if you wait long enough. Maybe it needs a purchase. Either way, it's fine to use a PayPal account and it will update in the end.

The distinction between PIOF and PIU is that until your payment information us USED, there's no guarantee that it will work, and that's the truly important part. I don't know how the information is coded on your profile, but if I were doing the coding, I would want it to show the important information: "This person has a tested payment method on file".

10 hours ago, Eternal Lennie said:

So, my account currently says this. I added my PayPal info to my account thinking that would help, but it still shows this.

Haven't added payment info to a account in a long time, so I forget how it's done. Help?

a couple of years ago. you had to officially buy the minimum amount of linden dollars, then PIOF will appear in your profile.

You need to have a Payment method on file, and you need to have used it at least once to buy L$.  Click on this link https://accounts.secondlife.com/billing_information and follow the instructions.

Edited by Teomi
  • Like 1

I added payment info to an alt account yesterday afternoon -- used PayPal as the payment info.  I did NOT use the payment info for anything.

Today her profile shows "Payment info on file", so that is still a status.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Teomi said:

a couple of years ago. you had to officially buy the minimum amount of linden dollars, then PIOF will appear in your profile.

You need to have a Payment method on file, and you need to have used it at least once to buy L$.  Click on this link https://accounts.secondlife.com/billing_information and follow the instructions.

Once you actually use the payment info the profile shows "Payment info used" instead of "Payment info on file".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Teomi said:

Exzample:  this is still required to play Linden Realms. i.e. you must buy linden dollars to play this game. 

Obviously it depends on why you need PIOF will appear in your profiled 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.