profile pics new Firestorm

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Ezbeharra said:

I... never... knew! 🤯

I've wasted tens of lindens! TENS!!!

Just an update on this.  I was reading the notes on the firestorm viewer updates and I was mistaken in my previous post.  This is what it says...

Within your own 1st Life tab are three buttons:

Upload Photo – allows you to upload an image from your computer to the 1st Life Tab to preview it (image must still be uploaded to inventory and applied, if it is to be saved & used).

Change Photo – opens a texture picker, allowing you to select an image from inventory to add to your 1st Life tab.

Yep, they still get their 10L upload fee.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just an update on this.  I was reading the notes on the firestorm viewer updates and I was mistaken in my previous post.  This is what it says...

Within your own 1st Life tab are three buttons:

Upload Photo – allows you to upload an image from your computer to the 1st Life Tab to preview it (image must still be uploaded to inventory and applied, if it is to be saved & used).

Change Photo – opens a texture picker, allowing you to select an image from inventory to add to your 1st Life tab.

Yep, they still get their 10L upload fee.  

I'm not sure this is correct.  I have used the Upload function to change my photo in the new Firestorm (without paying a fee), and my alt can see the new picture.

Edit:  Hang on, there may be some confusion here between the 2nd Life profile photo and the photo on the 1st Life tab.

Edited by Susie Ashdene

1 minute ago, Susie Ashdene said:

I'm not sure this is correct.  I have used the Upload function to change my photo in the new Firestorm (without paying a fee), and my alt can see the new picture.

Just quoting the Firestorm website.  I did notice the 'preview' I used yesterday did update on the mysecondlife.com website even.  Whether it's intended behavior or a bug, I do not know.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just quoting the Firestorm website.  I did notice the 'preview' I used yesterday did update on the mysecondlife.com website even.  Whether it's intended behavior or a bug, I do not know.

As noted in my edited post above, I think what you quoted was referring to the photo in the 1st Life tab of the profile, resulting in some confusion.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Susie Ashdene said:

As noted in my edited post above, I think what you quoted was referring to the photo in the 1st Life tab of the profile, resulting in some confusion.

I'm going to blame my misreading on the lack of coffee.   Thanks for clarifying.

I like that is has the Unknown status now rather than saying Offline..

To me it comes off saying more , None of your business, rather than. omg you trick me.

One of the first things I started doing is unchecking that box where they can see me on line..  Some will ask why they can't see me and I'll say, don't worry, I can't see you either.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I like that is has the Unknown status now rather than saying Offline..

To me it comes off saying more , None of your business, rather than. omg you trick me.

It's a bit peculiar when you're profile perving someone who's in the same region as you though.

Are they really there?

Who knows?

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

It's a bit peculiar when you're profile perving someone who's in the same region as you though.

Are they really there?

Who knows?

It's just something I seen a few minutes ago..  It's really not gonna make a big difference.. I just kind of like  that it's a mystery now.. lol

Unknown: a new status option (alongside Online and Offline), displayed when the person concerned is not someone you have friended, and who has their viewer set to only show their on-line status to friends.

In addition, and to reduce drama, if a Friend is hiding their status, they will show as Offline, rather than the status in their Profile being blank.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Unknown: a new status option (alongside Online and Offline), displayed when the person concerned is not someone you have friended, and who has their viewer set to only show their on-line status to friends.

In addition, and to reduce drama, if a Friend is hiding their status, they will show as Offline, rather than the status in their Profile being blank.

Damn, well it was nice while it lasted, in my  mind.. hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.