How to make music play on skybox not on the whole land?

Venus Nurmi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I just rented a skybox and would love to have my own radio player. My friend lives around 500 meters above me and my landlady on ground level, no matter what player/tv I use, the music sounds everywhere, I even made a simple prim with one of the faces playing media and it's the same, it plays all over.

Any ideas? Thank you :)

Unfortunately, at this time, it isn't possible to play different music streams depending on height. If a sim was divided up into individual parcels at ground level, and only one skybox was placed in the airspace of that parcel, then it would be possible to have a different music stream playing for each skybox, but as your landlady and other skyboxes share your vertical airspace it just isn't possible.

However, if you have a favourite music stream, you can run this in a separate window, along with any visitors you have.  This is how me and friends get around this issue currently.  For example, if we wish to listen to music being streamed into a favourite club we go to, but wish also to be alone in our home, we use the media url from the club's land details and open that in a separate web page. It gives us the best of both worlds.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.