Does Your Avatar Look Like a Well Known Person?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Conclusion: Sorry to say so, but starbyface needs glasses.

I would agree .. But then I couldn't claim that, according to the Internet, I'm 31% Russel Crowe. :|

• Like 1

I always break these damn things. 

Paris Hilton? Sure, Jan.

77c92da78758ac091e25898ca84dfa29.png

I suppose that's better than the male results for the same photo, where the thing yeeted me into a lineup including Tupac and Marilyn Manson. Props for recognizing the contacts and makeup, I suppose.

e89ba30036a1d12f5be1b5177fb5213c.png

Goofy generators aside, do I *actually* look like anyone famous? Doubt it. My pink avatar is loosely styled like Marilyn Monroe, but that's about it.

• Like 3

Before I switched from male to female, my avatar was (somewhat loosely) based on a Polish model called Bartek Borowiec, but the head I wore was non-bento so I couldn't edit the shape and I'm 99% certain it was based on Ian Somerhalder.

029.jpg.02b22dd08cf1a23ba0fe906b513d2be3.jpg  180221_009_400.jpg.1b2d7e071aaac0bd74f309c2abfacc18.jpg 

My face now is (hopefully) still close-ish to Bartek.

M22_238s.jpg.c08c455d503a47ed50d72e30110b7a57.jpg

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 2

In RL, I was once mistaken for a cosplay of a BDSM cartoon character at the Fantasy Con in Basel. Not sure what to make of that. As for my SL avatar, I would say no but then again I'm notoriously bad at recognising faces. Let's ask technology.

sbf4.jpg.5d2a8a6b128cc30088b75981e713717d.jpg

56% Miranda Kerr?

*blinks* I'll stick with no.

33 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

In RL, I was once mistaken for a cosplay of a BDSM cartoon character at the Fantasy Con in Basel. Not sure what to make of that. As for my SL avatar, I would say no but then again I'm notoriously bad at recognising faces. Let's ask technology.

sbf4.jpg.5d2a8a6b128cc30088b75981e713717d.jpg

56% Miranda Kerr?

*blinks* I'll stick with no.

I agree that this is not a good match, but . . . I can also see why the AI went this route. Look around the eyes, and at the eyebrows.

Most of these are not good choices by the AI but in most cases (except, actually, my own) I can see elements of similarity that probably explain the match ups.

The only one of these that seems to me a legitimately pretty good match is Orwar's pic of Mina.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I agree that this is not a good match, but . . . I can also see why the AI went this route. Look around the eyes, and at the eyebrows.

Most of these are not good choices by the AI but in most cases (except, actually, my own) I can see elements of similarity that probably explain the match ups.

The only one of these that seems to me a legitimately pretty good match is Orwar's pic of Mina.

That's a good argument, now that you point it out. The nose bridge and eyebrows are a close match. There was also a gradient that showed it roughly adhered to the face shape. To be fair, there's probably a lot of flattery trained into the model too. People that are told they look like <random sexy celebrity> feel good about themselves and might recommend the site to others too.

1 minute ago, ValKalAstra said:

To be fair, there's probably a lot of flattery trained into the model too. People that are told they look like <random sexy celebrity> feel good about themselves and might recommend the site to others too.

Yes, a bit like everyone who has ever been reincarnated was Cleopatra in a former life, instead of Cleo's scullery maid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, a bit like everyone who has ever been reincarnated was Cleopatra in a former life, instead of Cleo's scullery maid.

In the infinite metaverse, we have all been Cleopatra....as well as her scullery maid, but only the former was memorable. 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.