Does Your Avatar Look Like a Well Known Person?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was looking at my avatar's appearance, which hasn't changed much for a long time, and it suddenly struck me that she's almost a lookalike for Julia Gillard, a former Prime Minister of Australia.  Both are redheads, wear glasses, have similarly shaped features and even have the same hairstyle.  I'm not saying she's absolutely identical (for one thing, my avatar is supposed to be a good bit younger than Ms Gillard), but I found the similarity rather striking.  All totally coincidental.  I wasn't really planning on replicating anyone's looks other than a few of my own.

Has anyone else surprised themselves like this with their avatar's appearance?

Snapshot4.png.b27aa248f31f3fd4699af8d05895e673.png JuliaGillardExtended-600x600.jpeg.1ade22eaf4e72cb9f242ece5bf000b9a.jpeg

Edited by Wanda Starlight
Correcting typo
  • Like 8

I was told some years ago, here on this very forum, that my avatar looked like David Beckham. That certainly wasn't intended; I can't stand football and barely knew who he was. It wasn't until afterwards that I realised that was probably why the Redgrave skin was called 'David'. I had no idea!

Snapshot_177e.png.f6a7abeb8816a449cdb2174d5e1c2d24.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rick Daylight said:

I was told some years ago, here on this very forum, that my avatar looked like David Beckham. That certainly wasn't intended; I can't stand football and barely knew who he was. It wasn't until afterwards that I realised that was probably why the Redgrave skin was called 'David'. I had no idea!

Snapshot_177e.png.f6a7abeb8816a449cdb2174d5e1c2d24.png

You do quite a bit, from when he was younger! Especially with the hair.

image.jpeg.3401953fff9107c9c76b3017fadcf438.jpeg

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

No you do not. That dog is an imposter! #FreeSid

JS118648911_Gordon-Kaye-OBITS_trans_NvBQ

You're mixing up two things: Forum avatar and in world avatar.
My in world avatar looks very much like Sid Nagy from Second Life.
My forum avatar has gone to the dogs (for the time being).

• Haha 3

Madison often tells me she thinks I look like Ron Howard, at least how he looked a couple of decades ago.  I only remember him from Happy Days when he was much younger. I guess he was only directing after that so I haven't found any photos of him that resemble me that closely. Maybe kinda like this, but with more hair.

ron-howard-photo_3337_21948.jpg

Maybe also Domhnall Gleeson, who played Bill Weasley in the Harry Potter franchise;

Domhnall-Gleeson.jpg

• Like 3

I think the closest I ever came  was maybe Suki from Fast and Furious.. Not intentional and  not too close with the shape either. But somehow I got close enough probably because of the clothes hair and the car in the back..  About all I knew about the movie was Vin diesel and Paul Walker were in it... Someone said  it looked like her and I went to  see and was like, that's not even close, it just has to be the stuff!\o/ hehehe

I could have made a good Suki shape if I was going for that.. hehehe

42261838550_76ba79ab2b_c.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

One night, I was enjoying a movie at SL's MST3K theater, and someone IMs me, comparing my avi's looks to Scarlett Johanson.

Having said that, while I do like her look, I didn't specifically set out to look like, well, anyone. Even so, I took the comment in a complimentary spirit. 😃

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.