Famous faces store

Cerebrogasm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

Do you know of an avatar head-skin store that sells faces of famous people - I was there once and saw depictions of Jennifer Lopez and others - usually actors or singers. Unfortunately, I can't remember the store name and I can't find an LM.

Thanks for any help!

James

7 answers to this question

Wanda's correct. That store sold shapes (the shape, of course, includes the settings of the facial sliders). With the advent of mesh heads, the problem multiplied. To produce a likeness of, say, Jennifer Lopez, the creator would have had to not only come up with slider settings for the system avatar, but for at least the most popular brands of mesh heads.

In a way, it's too bad, although I personally didn't find those likenesses to be remarkably good.

• Like 1

Hey all that posted. I finally found the "famous faces" store: Implode. They now have Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and 3 versions of Angelina Jolie and others. From what I saw they generally are fitted for EVO-X heads, mostly the Avalon models. For the males - you'd better try a demo first. 

Thanks again,

James

• Like 1

ImplodeBriefly (that's her full name) is the one I was going to post. No idea how she does it, except a  lot of tweaking. I'm an artist RL and can not get real good likeneses done on my avatar. I'm guessing front and profile scans of the person then into a 3D sculpting program? She has a few with clefts in the tip of their noses that I can't recreate at all in SL despite trying. No idea.

BTW, she does take orders for custom work, but her fees could buy me 1/4 a sim directly on the Blake Sea or two return flights to a Caribbean vacation. I mean, good for her, but US $1,600 is a tad too much for me to buy an exclusive face.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.