Help with Eyelashes

DTMNXA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Forum (:

I recently bought some eyelashes, tried to move them to fit my eyes but ended up messing it up. Now, it says it's attached to my left eyeball, and has rotated 90 degrees so I have a hairy cheek with eyelashes on it. :matte-motes-angry:

How do I fix it back so that theyre actaully ON my eyes? They're prims, not tattoos btw.

Hey DTMNXA I have similar eyelashes I wear sometimes.... :matte-motes-asleep-2:

All you have to do to move these back into place is select the eyelash by clicking on it. Click the "Edit" option when you see a menu. From your Edit window which appears here select "Rotate" and "Position" to make the adjustments you need. This operates just like moving a regular prim in the world space.

To line it up precisely to your avatar's face you can type in a rotation here as well, so if you hand adjust it and it is still a little crooked change a 178.678 degree rotation to 180.000 for example... just like math class :matte-motes-nerdy:

This same method works for adjusting the position of any attached objects.

If you can't really get it (it can be tricky to edit things) you could always try contacting the creator of the item (that info is in your Edit window also) and see if they will give you a fresh copy with the correct orientation.

Best of luck :matte-motes-grin:

If they are attached to your eyeball, you need to attach them to the correct attachment point. Eyeballs move all the time, your lashes will follow where you look and it will look weird. The most common attachment point is nose. Detach them, and instead of clicking "wear", choose "Attach to" and then "Nose". I hope this will position them better. Then you can move them again.

This is a bit late to say, but always take a copy before you edit something. Click on it in inventory before you wear it, copy and paste a new pair in the folder. Then wear the copy and edit it. Then if you mess up, delete it and take a new copy.

First if you do not have good basic building skills I would take some of the free classes...even if you never want to build anything the same principles are used to fit eyelashes, adjust hair, jewelry and prim clothing to fit.  Skills that will be very handy if you want a polished looking avatar. So take classes building anything from a house to a magic wand, they will all help you learn the techniques.

Eyelashes can be a pain to fit but with editing ability and patience you move (arrows) and rotate (wheel) very gently until they are in the right place and position...best done on a pose stand to avoid "oops"  Any time you edit an item it is best to copy it first.  That way if there is an "oops" you can copy the original again and start from scratch,deleting the messed up one.

If you do not yet have good editing skills, I would suggest saving your prim lashes to wear after taking some classes to help with the editing and buy a pair of tattoo lashes for immediate wear while you build the skill sets.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.