SLplugin.exe error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 Questions need answering first.

1) do you have the various .exe files "whitelisted" on your computer, even if they were for  previous version of FS or any viewer, renew the whitelisting.

2) Which operating system does your computer use...Winows 10 or 11, iOS or Linux?

Actually a third occurs...which Anti-Virus app do you use (if none you are using Windows' own Defender)?  The whitelisting advice is the same.

For whitelisting advice: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting

Edited by Aishagain

22 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Which operating system does your computer use...Winows 10 or 11, iOS or Linux?

From the dialog screen shot, the listed executable path, and the OS version number, it is pretty obvious it is Windows 10... 😛

There are other questions to ask:

• Is this crash happening as a result of the usage (or closing) of the CEF browser plugin ?
  • If not, is this crash happening in a specific place in SL and what media are available/playing there ?
Edited by Henri Beauchamp

I don't actually crash. I just continue to get double everything, chat, transactions, rezzing. I don't know about the CEF browser plugin.

I am at my Linden home on Linden Land. I have my tv which is VEA 5 SUHDTV Ultrawide which I really dont' have any problems with.

This is a different error I got a few days ago.

Reliability Monitor.JPG

Edited by Pat48 Barbosa

1 hour ago, Pat48 Barbosa said:

I don't actually crash

SLPlugin.exe is crashing (APPCRASH in your first screen shot, and BEX64, which is an executable stack prevention issue, usually caused by an ”attempt” to execute code on stack, which may randomly happen during crashes).

1 hour ago, Pat48 Barbosa said:

I don't know about the CEF browser plugin.

CEF is the Chromium Embedded Framework browser that is used by the viewer as a plugin (also launched via SLPlugin.exe) to display web pages (web search, web avatar profiles, Marketplace, various web-based pages such as Wiki, help, account settings, etc), or web pages on a prim (including most SL TVs).

CEF is itself crash-prone, so it is not all that surprising you see it crashing SLPlugin.exe (which loads CEF as a library to execute it) from time to time.

Other suspects are corrupted streaming media that may crash the media plugin (VLC for all viewers but mine, which uses gstreamer instead), which is also ran via SLPlugin.exe...

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.