Art as Process -- Play Along?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have an exhibit going on over at ARTSCAPE now which was so fun to do and I thought some of you might want to play along. 

We picked an area (This case it was OTTER LAKE). Chose a EEP (we went with the default which was dark at the time) and each took photos.  It is really interesting to see what interested folks. Some photos were post processed into paintings and other screenshots.  So if this sounds interesting for you stop by, take a look and go take our own photos --- BETTER YET, take YOUR photos first and then go see what we came up with LOL.  A very good artistic exercise.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Strand/125/108/28

Otter Lake:  FVhttp://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Labor of Love/118/216/23

1795746686_otterlakeposterwithtex2t1024.thumb.jpg.71ed501e1c3c3fb89ee5466084f4dd33.jpg

1764802082_artasaprocess.thumb.png.e183326fe7b2e2df5bfeb96ee427531c.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 11

Interesting! I was a bit pressed for time and only really had enough for a quick look and a quick shot. My first visit was to Otter Lake and to just see what takes my fancy. Two things drew my attention, out of which I picked one to process further. Curiously the picture I didn't send to processing found a sibling in the gallery. Something about that gas station and that angle! Anyway, here is the other one that I sent into post:

Industrie Romantik

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/52618201657/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 7

Hey guys. Thanks for taking part. It is a great sim. We used the "night" version of the sim EEP which wasn't very fair on the photographer since she is a purist but we JUST finished our second shoot which was super cool but in a very different way.  Glad you are having fun. 

MEANWHILE I should let you know that ARTSCAPE is in the process of moving.  STRAND had problems from the move in and got worse and worse over the almost six month. LL support tried very hard to fix things  a couple of times but issues persisted.  Checking a whole sim for bad textures and errant scripts on a daily basis is anything but fun. We had already downsized to just four people when things went from bad to worse. Bottom line is that I moved us over to my city (store build). 

Definitely not as posh but we can still do our monthly shows and everyone is NOW back in their original boutique galleries LOL.  Such is life. At least we don't have to worry about prices and permissions changing and textures losing their alphas.  So after my rent runs out on Wednesday we will ONLY be at UMBER (mainland).  I will say that adding the art and some new landscaping to go with has definitely added to the build so all good.  Our monthly exhibits will be in the plaza and VERY noticeable, so a plus there. 

And I am very happy to see folks taking part. It is a great creative exercise and your photos are impressive. 

I will post here next month and let you know the place. It is NEW so should still be here. The one I had picked to use had disappeared. So in some ways we are keeping a record of sorts of the beautiful sims that come and go. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.