How can I fix a belt on my skirt

bidulette Elton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Am trying to work on design on SL, not very easy. Have a problem with the belt. When i wear it, my skirt geos on, and when I wear my skirt, my belt goes on. Can anyone tell me how to fix the belt on my skirt for ever.

Thank u

I am just trying ti fix it on my skirt for ever, When i wear the belt, its turning all around my waist when am moving. Very funny. And i loose my skirt.

4 answers to this question

I don't quite understand.  Every time you wear your skirt, it has a belt with it?  Or it doesn't?  Which way do you want it to be?   In any case, the answer is that if you want the belt to always be worn with the skirt, link them.  If you don't, unlink them.

As an aside, belts have to be the most maddening attachments you can wear in SL.  We all have different shapes and different size waists, and almost none of us have a waist that is a nice circle or oval.  Not only that, but some skirts are meant to be worn low on the hips and others are designed to be worn higher.  Belts don't fit the same if you raise and lower them.  Finally, a belt can look great if you are standing perfectly still and erect but look absolutely awful once you sit down or start dancing.  If you're obsessive like me, belts can give you a real mean headache.  :smileysad:

The way to have both the belt and the skirt attach at the same time - as one object - is what Rolig says - to link both together. If you attach them to the correct attachment point, they will move as they should.

If you don't link the pieces together, and you are wearing the skirt, you can do what Storm says or you can right click the belt in your inventory and select 'Add' from the context menu to have both attach at the same time in the same attachment position.

- Luc -

Not sure understand you issue but it might be your attachment points. 

If you "wear" the skirt and the belt attaches to the same point you cannot "wear" it without detaching so you need to use the "add" for putting on the belt.

Another way of managing is to wear the skirt and then see what attachment point it uses and then attach the belt to something different like the pelvis or stomach...whichever the skirt is NOT occupying.  You might then need to adjust the position of the belt to sit correctly in its new spot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.