I need help achieving this look!

Kittycat1591

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, I hope you’re well. I have decided that I want to change my look. I’m not very good with heads and skins, etc, but I’ve finally found a look that I really like and I would like to know if any of you know how I could achieve it. 
I bought this skin today (the shape came with it) and a matching body skin too. I have also bought the Ceylon head, but it looks nothing like the picture. I really want my avi to look like the one in the picture. Can anybody help?
I have Maitreya body also, if that helps 

00C85330-6FCC-4961-8B8C-449509AB7367.png

A lot of images get set in a certain personal lighting and shot at certain angle, so with that shot slightly to the side, it can seem different looking straight on at it.. plus  we have to hope they haven't photochopped it at all..

you'll also need the same or close eye coloring and lashes, brows and little touches which may be in the lelutka hud anyways..

Also they may be using a certain facial expression or caught the shot during an animation in the right spot.. There are a lot of reasons that it may not look  just like it..

Getting that right shot for a vendor to sell is half the battle in good pictures..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

She says she already bought the Ceylon head. I'd just try wearing the shape that came with the skin (not Ceylon's default), since that's what the photo is based on. Also, make sure you're wearing the included eyebrow base. The finer details (eyebags, etc.) could be enhancements, or maybe those are included on the skin itself. Hard to say. And switch to a flat, even light with few shadows to do your initial comparison - Nam's or CalWL will work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

She says she already bought the Ceylon head. I'd just try wearing the shape that came with the skin (not Ceylon's default), since that's what the photo is based on. Also, make sure you're wearing the included eyebrow base. The finer details (eyebags, etc.) could be enhancements, or maybe those are included on the skin itself. Hard to say. And switch to a flat, even light with few shadows to do your initial comparison - Nam's or CalWL will work.

Yea, I kind of pulled that part out.. I'm hopped up on tea and read faster than my brain was reacting too.. lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Kinda looks like it was taken with a pink fog in there also..

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Kinda looks like it was taken with a pink fog in there also..

I think that's the store lighting. My brain isn't working properly either because I've only had a few sips of caffeine LOL, so I can't remember what store that is. Tres Beau? I forget...something pink. It's not Moccino... 

Edit: Nvm, LMAO. It's actually right there in the ad. Amara Beauty. I don't remember that store being pink tho... *sips coffee faster*

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I think that's the store lighting. My brain isn't working properly either because I've only had a few sips of caffeine LOL, so I can't remember what store that is. Tres Beau? I forget...something pink. It's not Moccino... 

They definitely have the  depth of field  going too.. it's tight on just face bits, so a lot of the rest is blurred to look softer.. Probably tight from the bottom lip to hitting part of the brows. That can help change things some too..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They definitely have the  depth of field  going too.. it's tight on just face bits, so a lot of the rest is blurred to look softer.. Probably tight from the bottom lip to hitting part of the brows. That can help change things some too..

Yeah, I'm so not into edited ads for things like skins. That's the one thing I'd much prefer raw shots for. Though, I'm at the point where I don't even look at skin ads much in the first place - just show me the available tones - if they're different from the usual and use in-house body skins, I'm grabbing demos regardless.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah, I'm so not into edited ads for things like skins. That's the one thing I'd much prefer raw shots for. Though, I'm at the point where I don't even look at skin ads much in the first place - just show me the available tones - if they're different from the usual and use in-house body skins, I'm grabbing demos regardless.

I've been working on that Claudia Bassols challenge, from the celebrity thread the last couple of days.. The shape of her head is kind of strange to get right with the sliders and match everything else up.. it's frying my brain.. lol

If I can get time, I'll jump on this one here and see if I have any luck with it.. But hopefully they get it sorted.. I'm gonna be a good while still on the one I'm working on at the moment.

If I get to it and have something close to the one up there, I'll let them know..  I just have to let my brain unfry after this one.. LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've been working on that Claudia Bassols challenge, from the celebrity thread the last couple of days.. The shape of her head is kind of strange to get right with the sliders and match everything else up.. it's frying my brain.. lol

If I can get time, I'll jump on this one here and see if I have any luck with it.. But hopefully they get it sorted.. I'm gonna be a good while still on the one I'm working on at the moment.

If I get to it and have something close to the one up there, I'll let them know..  I just have to let my brain unfry after this one.. LOL

Trying to look like the skin ad usually isn't too difficult - if the creator sticks to wearing only the basics. Usually just requires wearing the shape, skin, and eyebrows. Usually.

Trying to look like a character or celebrity is a whoooole other thing. I was going to take on Lel's book character photo challenge which ended last weekend or so, but my brain is still fried from weeks of shopping/inventory sorting/avatar building. I'm pooped. I found the components I'd need to do one and just couldn't bring myself to buy them, style it, and take photos. I'll wait for the next photo challenge LOL.

I still have 3 new heads to create avatars for and I just...can't. I have some free store credit at Jinx running out at the end of the month, so hopefully by then, I can come up with something. 😄

dragging-someone-dragged.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kittycat1591 said:

Hi everyone, I hope you’re well. I have decided that I want to change my look. I’m not very good with heads and skins, etc, but I’ve finally found a look that I really like and I would like to know if any of you know how I could achieve it. 
I bought this skin today (the shape came with it) and a matching body skin too. I have also bought the Ceylon head, but it looks nothing like the picture. I really want my avi to look like the one in the picture. Can anybody help?
I have Maitreya body also, if that helps 

00C85330-6FCC-4961-8B8C-449509AB7367.png

I went and got the demo for this skin  and then went and got the demo for theCeylon head.. If you wear the shape  that came with the skin that fits the look that is in the picture..

I happen to have the exact eyes which you can pick up at avai glam which is right next door to where you bought the skin..

The eyes are Avi Glam Springtide eyes.. the ones in the image are number 8 in that pack of eyes.. AG. Springtide Eyes - BoM - 08

The lashes are in the lelutka hud and the brows are on the skin.. Also you want to wear the brow base that came with the skin also..

I would say really the only thing you would need  would be just the hair..  I would say the face looks wider because of them probably stretching the image when they were making the add..  

This is what I came up with  just from the demos and using some hair I had dug up in my inventory, plus adding the avi glam eyes..

Watch how much the look changes just from darkening the inside of the  eye socket.. the first image is before the change.. I really think this is a really pretty combination with this head and skin.. you have a good eye. So does the one that made it.  :)

It looks pretty right on to me.. Amara Beauty makes some really nice skins..

52614951122_f56caae4fc_k.jpg

52615893660_4d5eb3f5cb_k.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Trying to look like the skin ad usually isn't too difficult - if the creator sticks to wearing only the basics. Usually just requires wearing the shape, skin, and eyebrows. Usually.

Trying to look like a character or celebrity is a whoooole other thing. I was going to take on Lel's book character photo challenge which ended last weekend or so, but my brain is still fried from weeks of shopping/inventory sorting/avatar building. I'm pooped. I found the components I'd need to do one and just couldn't bring myself to buy them, style it, and take photos. I'll wait for the next photo challenge LOL.

I still have 3 new heads to create avatars for and I just...can't. I have some free store credit at Jinx running out at the end of the month, so hopefully by then, I can come up with something. 😄

dragging-someone-dragged.gif

That is better than my swing one.. That actually looks  like a really good way to sleep.. I bet I would sleep like a baby doing that..lol

• Haha 1

@Kittycat1591 Also change your camera. I suspect the promo image was taken with a camera tweaked by 5 or more Ctrl-0 presses.

Use Ctrl-8 - zoom in for for more fish-eye look, Ctrl=9 - Reset camera to about 50mm, and Ctrl-0 - zoom out for more telephoto look that moves away from the fish-eye distortion.

You'll have bit of learning to do using these camera changes. Once you master the technique your in-world photos will improve a couple of notches. And they are handy for flying and  in combat games.

• Like 1

I've worn nothing else but Amara Beauty since 2015.  My suggestion would be to IM Shana and ask her personally what she did to achieve this look.  She is a very nice lady and I am sure she would be able to help you.  I know at one time early on using her skins I was having trouble with my lips and she was glad to help.  Couldn't hurt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.