any way to look up transaction history older than 30 days?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not if you are not Premium.  Regular accounts are limited to 30 days and Premiums are limited to 90 days.  

Wow I didn't realize that until now.. Why would they limit basics with something like that I wonder? Seems kind of silly to have that as a perk rather than just part of just being a user..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Wow I didn't realize that until now.. Why would they limit basics with something like that I wonder? Seems kind of silly to have that as a perk rather than just part of just being a user..

They didn't "limit" Basic accounts.  All accounts had a 30 day limit until a couple of years ago.  The 90 day limit was added as a Premium perk at that time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

As Rolig said, it was originally 30 days for everyone.  Keeping lots of Transaction history for everybody eats up a lot of storage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

They didn't "limit" Basic accounts.  All accounts had a 30 day limit until a couple of years ago.  The 90 day limit was added as a Premium perk at that time.

Ya, i remember that it used to be 30 days for everyone.. It just seems kind of silly to have that  as a perk rather than just user base wide. I mean if someone is generating money  in the gird they should have the same options for record keeping as anyone else that gets a 1099.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As Rolig said, it was originally 30 days for everyone.  Keeping lots of Transaction history for everybody eats up a lot of storage.

It would be nice if they had some way where if a basic has a business, they can have access to it while they have an active business.. I can understand  limiting it with people  just running around the grid and never cashing out..  maybe something where they show like 3 months of active business being able to kick on 90 days and if  they have a 3 month gap it auto kicks off or something..

I guess it's kind of silly of me to really be saying shoulda coulda wouldas anyways.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

But are they not required to store it anyway for 7 years at least and in addition, they seem to anyway as the the Marketplace Order History goes back to 2010 for me:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/orders

Not really sure what the differences between them are other than filters:

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history/?lang=en-US#/

On 1/7/2023 at 3:43 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, i remember that it used to be 30 days for everyone.. It just seems kind of silly to have that  as a perk rather than just user base wide. I mean if someone is generating money  in the gird they should have the same options for record keeping as anyone else that gets a 1099.

You can download your US dollar (or whatever currency you use) account statements from the beginning of your SL. I just looked at mine from January 2007. You mention 1099, so I suspect you are thinking of US income taxes and the records needed to compute income and document income and expenses. US dollar transactions are the only relevant ones for that.  Dollars out minus dollars in equals income.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

You can download your US dollar (or whatever currency you use) account statements from the beginning of your SL. I just looked at mine from January 2007. You mention 1099, so I suspect you are thinking of US income taxes and the records needed to compute income and document income and expenses. US dollar transactions are the only relevant ones for that.  Dollars out minus dollars in equals income.

Ah ok, ya I keep forgetting about that section.. hehehehe

I remember being tempted a couple of times to add all that up just to see how much I've spent in SL.. Then reality sets in and  I say to myself.. I'm not that crazy yet.. hehehe

I would probably curl up in the fetal position and just die if I ever knew the total.. hehehe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

But are they not required to store it anyway for 7 years at least

Only the US $ transaction history, as L$ are considered game tokens.  You can get your US $ history for as far back as your account is old.

6 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

they seem to anyway as the the Marketplace Order History goes back to 2010 for me

Space-wise, there probably isn't much difference between storing L$ Transaction history and MP Purchase history.  However, the systems were created differently and that probably plays in to things.

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Space-wise, there probably isn't much difference between storing L$ Transaction history and MP Purchase history.  However, the systems were created differently and that probably plays in to things.

Could be wrong but what I am seeing is that the L$ Transaction history is for inworld purchases. I'd have to wonder if the Lab and Tilia wouldn't be keeping a long term record of those in the event of hacking, fraudulent or money laundering activities but just not making them available to residents. Maybe a question for the Web group.

59 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Could be wrong but what I am seeing is that the L$ Transaction history is for inworld purchases. I'd have to wonder if the Lab and Tilia wouldn't be keeping a long term record of those in the event of hacking, fraudulent or money laundering activities but just not making them available to residents. Maybe a question for the Web group.

Actually, upon investigating, the L$ Transaction History actually covers both MP purchases and inworld purchases.  The MP purchase shown in the L$ Transaction History is the total of a single check-out, and showing LL as who the L$ were paid to:

image.png.6fd8c540846bb20c4dd6fc3cdfa5c607.png

• Thanks 1

I guess lindens are the original cryptocurrency, where record keeping is "optional".  The cost to store text files in a text based database is insignificant, for 1 month or 10 years.   Since MP stores all your transactions for at least the last 11 years, and those transactions are all in lindens, it is hard to believe LL does not also have the linden transaction history as well.  This is no way to run a business at the least.

Once the Super Duper Premium Plus Plus  comes out for $500/yr, transaction history will go back 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!.  Or maybe not...  Could be it would cost too much to fix the databases, since there are a scarcity of programmers that still understand text based apps..  Or maybe not.

High value linden based land transactions would seem to have more priority for long term record keeping, than a 1$L purchase of a 2012 New Years hat on MP.  Or maybe not...

😒

Edited by Jaylinbridges

MP transactions go back to the beginning because that have to - otherwise you can't get a redelivery.

People can download their own L$ transactions as a CSV file and then they can have them stored for as long as they like. Many people download them just for the purpose of being able to go back further than LL allows them to do so.

Yes the L$ transactions probably are still stored for everyone in the back end but I would expect that the database is so vast that running queries against an unfiltered and unoptimised subset would highly inefficient on server load.

Edited by Randy Pole
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

There are surely backups that will be kept indefinitely even if all the data aren't online.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.