♥ Looking for People to Interview !

alienaisha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there, not sure if this is allowed, but figured I will try it. I hope this isn't too weird! Please read the entire post before any assumptions and feel free to ask any questions.

I am looking for SL-lifers of varying types and communities (normal, anime, furry, etc.) to interview. Men, women, others, of all ages (18+ is a requirement).

The purpose: I have been on SL for roughly 3-4 years. The account I'm posting from is my first. SL still seems pretty underground and I find it really fascinating. Many people on the outside have no idea what it is, other than the extremely popular trolling videos that exist on YouTube. When I first joined I ventured out a lot and met all kinds of people from different communities, though now I'm mostly in my own friend bubble. I want to interview different kinds of people, who might be interested.

Requirements:
Voice is required. If you must use a voice changer for your safety that's 100% valid and will not be judged. Usernames will be hidden. The only identifying factors would be your avatar and voice. Your privacy is important, but of course you should only express your interest if you understand the risk. On the "off chance" someone recognizes your voice, etc. If you are extremely worried about any such discovery, please do not enter for your safety. The chance is small, but still.

Must be 18+. The content is not inappropriate, but I personally do not want minors involved - Just seems odd.

Details:

I will be reading questions from a script I've prepared, and let you mostly do the talking. We will be meeting in-world; I will have an area set up on my parcel. A 'duo-interview' might be interesting if you would like your partner or a friend to join you. Occasionally I may ask more questions to have you elaborate. You are allowed to say "I'd like to skip this question" and it will be edited out of the video. Before compiling all aspects of different peoples' interviews together, you will be shown your own, for approval. Anything you've said that you might want taken out (maybe you said it impulsively, or feel it's too personal and you're uncomfortable, etc.) will be removed at your request. I need to make sure you're comfortable before I post anything. 

Why I'm doing This: I kind of explained it before, but I just find SL fascinating and there are so many interesting folks inside this crazy virtual world. I want to hear people's stories, feelings, and experiences. This is not really to gain "clout" and moreso just a miniature passion project and something new, for me. I am a streamer with a humble following across twitch and twitter, and my YouTube presence is basically nonexistent. I have also never done interviews before, so this is just for fun and curiosity.

If you're interested please DM me in-world (alienaisha). I do not really check these forums much. I am looking for 5 people to start - remember, any community, and adult age, any gender. However if for example, too many females with normal human avatars apply I will prioritize having diversity from other types of people.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm excited to work on this passion project.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just going to leave this here because it really grinds my gears whenever someone either intentionally or unintentionally excludes those of us who have hearing loss or are deaf. It is discrimination, regardless of intent.

https://hearinghealthfoundation.org/blogs/17-misconceptions-people-with-hearing-loss

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

While I am not interested in participating, I will say that I am impressed by the amount of info given about the process - what you are doing, how you will do it and why -- as well as the fact that you have actually been in SL for a while.  We seldom get anything more than 'go fill out this form' from survey folks and it is almost always from some newbie that has no idea what SL is.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

#CreeperAlert

If you are looking for a partner in SL it's soooo easy just TP to some random event and look nice.

Much easier than this weird process xP 

For real lol it's soooo weird that some resident is doing interviews ...18+ interviews....just for personal fun.

Raising so many red flags to be honest.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alienaisha said:

This is not really to gain "clout"

Mmhm, sure it isn't.

3 hours ago, alienaisha said:

am a streamer with a humble following across twitch and twitter, and my YouTube presence is basically nonexistent.

None of which are available to view from your profile or forum signature.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

#CreeperAlert

If you are looking for a partner in SL it's soooo easy just TP to some random event and look nice.

For real lol it's soooo weird that some resident is doing interviews ...18+ interviews....just for personal fun.

You've got some great points. What assurances do we have that the interviewer will be wearing pants (fully clothed)?

• Haha 2

I would do an interview, but as I told my agent years ago, everyone has to go though him first.. He hasn't been around for like three years now and my hands are tied.   I've been stuck in this basement screaming at this little window hoping someone outside can hear me down here..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I would do an interview, but as I told my agent years ago, everyone has to go though him first.. He hasn't been around for like three years now and my hands are tied.   I've been stuck in this basement screaming at this little window hoping someone outside can hear me down here..

How do you get paid, if your agent has gone missing?

17 hours ago, alienaisha said:

I am looking for SL-lifers of varying types and communities (normal, anime, furry, etc.) to interview. Men, women, others, of all ages (18+ is a requirement).

No normal people here. We are all extraordinary. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, alienaisha said:

Hey there, not sure if this is allowed, but figured I will try it. I hope this isn't too weird! Please read the entire post before any assumptions and feel free to ask any questions.

The purpose: I have been on SL for roughly 3-4 years. The account I'm posting from is my first. SL still seems pretty underground and I find it really fascinating. Many people on the outside have no idea what it is, other than the extremely popular trolling videos that exist on YouTube. When I first joined I ventured out a lot and met all kinds of people from different communities, though now I'm mostly in my own friend bubble. I want to interview different kinds of people, who might be interested.

Requirements:
Voice is required. If you must use a voice changer for your safety that's 100% valid and will not be judged. Usernames will be hidden. The only identifying factors would be your avatar and voice. Your privacy is important, but of course you should only express your interest if you understand the risk. On the "off chance" someone recognizes your voice, etc. If you are extremely worried about any such discovery, please do not enter for your safety. The chance is small, but still.

Must be 18+. The content is not inappropriate, but I personally do not want minors involved - Just seems odd.

Details:

I will be reading questions from a script I've prepared, and let you mostly do the talking. We will be meeting in-world; I will have an area set up on my parcel. A 'duo-interview' might be interesting if you would like your partner or a friend to join you. Occasionally I may ask more questions to have you elaborate. You are allowed to say "I'd like to skip this question" and it will be edited out of the video. Before compiling all aspects of different peoples' interviews together, you will be shown your own, for approval. Anything you've said that you might want taken out (maybe you said it impulsively, or feel it's too personal and you're uncomfortable, etc.) will be removed at your request. I need to make sure you're comfortable before I post anything. 

Why I'm doing This: I kind of explained it before, but I just find SL fascinating and there are so many interesting folks inside this crazy virtual world. I want to hear people's stories, feelings, and experiences. This is not really to gain "clout" and moreso just a miniature passion project and something new, for me. I am a streamer with a humble following across twitch and twitter, and my YouTube presence is basically nonexistent. I have also never done interviews before, so this is just for fun and curiosity.

If you're interested please DM me in-world (alienaisha). I do not really check these forums much. I am looking for 5 people to start - remember, any community, and adult age, any gender. However if for example, too many females with normal human avatars apply I will prioritize having diversity from other types of people.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm excited to work on this passion project.

I bet you’ll find several people inworld to interview and the video will be up on YouTube in no time. When it’s ready, post a link. I’ll look forward to viewing it. 

22 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

#CreeperAlert

I have no idea why you'd assume this. I am happily dating a partner in real life. 

Sorry you had thought this way, but I'm happily taken. I didn't intend on coming off as creepy. I just have a feeling you didn't read my whole post.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:25 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Just going to leave this here because it really grinds my gears whenever someone either intentionally or unintentionally excludes those of us who have hearing loss or are deaf. It is discrimination, regardless of intent.

https://hearinghealthfoundation.org/blogs/17-misconceptions-people-with-hearing-loss

I do apologize for that, but this is going do be a voice-based interview. Being offensive isn't my goal but...think of it as an interview for a show. If you could have an interpreter with you, that would be totally fine.

My father is deaf in one ear and hard-of hearing, so I know this experience.

It's important that this isn't made to "exclude" people, but it IS an interview for a video where verbal communication is required. If you can use a TTS program that is actually just as valid.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.