Man bites Dog.. Eeerm.. People paid US$2000 for a virtual small parcel

beethros Karas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, beethros Karas said:

Since you asking...
and if the approx math above are close to accuracy, then by earning US$60 a year, we need 33.3 years to get back our US$2000 Investment!
33 years??? ...Jesus Christ!

Anyway, to make back his initial investment was ALL I was saying.  But all your pontificating does tell me quite a lot so thanks.  😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:42 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

So, there's "reasons" to pay extra $$.

There definitely are. Also, finances aside, there are individual—often sentimental—reasons to own a specific spot on Mainland, even if there's simply no way to justify it on a balance sheet.

That's the thing about Mainland: it's not interchangeable. 

But some Mainland is more distinctive than other places. And if an auction buyer turns around and immediately tries to sell or rent their purchase, any sentimentality about that land seems pretty… uh, "negotiable".

So then, if there's no joy in the cash flows and there's no special sentimental value, there's always speculation: Maybe this spot will become valuable in the future. But even at the height of a craze it's imprudent to pay tulip bulb prices for a bag of onions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That price is definately out of my budget. But I don't see how it is any of my business how much someone choose to spend for a parcel of Mainland.

It could be that they really like the place. Or maybe someone they loved who died in RL who used to live there, and they want to own it for sentimental reasons. Or maybe they just have money to burn... whatever it is ... it is their business and I dont think it is right to try to shame them for choosing to buy it at that price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

That price is definately out of my budget. But I don't see how it is any of my business how much someone choose to spend for a parcel of Mainland.

It could be that they really like the place. Or maybe someone they loved who died in RL who used to live there, and they want to own it for sentimental reasons. Or maybe they just have money to burn... whatever it is ... it is their business and I dont think it is right to try to shame them for choosing to buy it at that price.

Where do you see all that you mentioned?
All I said was BREAKING NEWS!!!!! PPL Bought a parcel for US$2000!!!!
This is a newspapers tittle! The BEST tittle actually.
I NEVER seen anything more interesting lately at the Forums !
Ha!

Do you realise that it is YOU who accusing/slandering someone?
Where did I mentioned ONE(1) name?
Where did I say they done the WRONG thing?
Where did I shamed them?
Where I bother with THEM business my self?
Ha!?

WHERE?
It is YOU and some other people who run to thank you for saying all the above! And who I call them Forums junkies and all you doing all day is to MERGE and INVOLVE and ANSWER to peoples thoughts because you feel like you HAVE TO .. or because you have nothing else to do ( You see how easy is to make conclutions? )..
Who said you are entitled to do that? And why do you think you have the knowlege to answer to ALL the posts in forums?

This is planet earth!
When we do something, someone see it and there comes Paparazzi!
Yes, I became a paparazzi... I loved it. I got the attention of YOU !
Ha!

And btw...If I was the winner of that auction, I would be really happy having so many people talk about ME! and my Premium Properties!
(And more TELEPORT there!)
So in reality i did HELP THEM and not shame them!
You getting it now?

But yes, when I was posting this, I KNEW as about these kind of answers... like: AND??? ... And like critisism like yours and like some others above you...

May I ask WHY?
What is YOUR business to critisism someone thoughts?

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

But I don't see how it is any of my business how much someone choose to spend for a parcel of Mainland.

But you DO see how it is  ALL OF YOUR business to INVOLVE!!! :D

Paparazzi3114_001.thumb.jpg.5a936d9b98dee886bee4bfcd1001e721.jpg
Paparazzi3_001.thumb.jpg.44ed4587f8296fe1d08d6335e68b72aa.jpg
Paparazzi_001.thumb.jpg.1e169e16755f1ed219e4647540eb7efc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

And at the end.. if we look to this post and the replies..
We can see many likes and thank you in everything else.. Except the part where after peoples questions, I felt obligted and spend my time and did try to explain how the SL payments are..!
For some "funny" reason, there was NO comments and NO reactions to the REAL topic...!
Ha!
At the time that everybody else was having it wrong!
You getting my drift?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Yes, this is the first time after many many years when I tried to involve in forums and start a topic..
The last time I did..

The topic went so nice and there was so many participants and there was ladies who was taking pictures and it had became a photo - series.. and then people SPIT on that work and criticize it like they were the Emperors... And I had to ask LL to delete it..
Was so many pages of art.. written and painted...!
Thank you world!

• Confused 2

Just sayin…. ALL Bellisseria Houseboat and pier or water Stilt Linden Homes are directly connected to the Blake Sea via protected water. This costs a Premium member on an annual plan less than $1US per week (net stipend). 

Edited by diamond Marchant
Can’t type
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, beethros Karas said:

For some "funny" reason, there was NO comments and NO reactions to the REAL topic...!
Ha!
At the time that everybody else was having it wrong!
You getting my drift?

What exactly WAS the topic?  You posted information about an auction.  Period.  No reason for posting it, no question, no nothing.  As this is a DISCUSSION forum, we've been discussing your motivation since we had no idea whatsoever what YOU wanted to discuss.

Don't blame us if you didn't make clear what your intentions were.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

With 3.6K posts to his credit, one would think knowing how these threads work would be possible. Instead, we have an OP with no question, no direction of discussion, and so when Forumites pick up the slack, they are met with snotty belligerence. If one is going to post outside of one's native language one should expect to get some nuances incorrect (and??? and an emoji) and so it might be advised to not knee jerk with snotty belligerence. But that's just me. I've only been posting for 12 years, what do I know?

I don't get the point of the long, long maths reply, either. OK, someone bought a mainland parcel. The OP thinks it is too much money. And?

I found the responses interesting and informative about how long it would take at renting it out (assuming continuous rental, and landowners will tell you that doesn't happen) until the purchase price would be recouped. I don't buy land and so never really thought about it.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.