Gacha MP Store Scammers (beware!)

maryaxang Bluebird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone experience getting scammed by a gacha seller on MP? How do we file a proper complaint on this so LL may take down the shop if a store is not selling legitimate items and its purpose is to scam people?

The worst thing about this is because it is gacha, you cannot leave a review as the item is unique/only one.

Edited by maryaxang Bluebird
I'd like to keep the person's privacy intact.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, maryaxang Bluebird said:

Has anyone experience getting scammed by a gacha seller on MP? How do we file a proper complaint on this so LL may take down the shop if a store is not selling legitimate items and its purpose is to scam people?

The worst thing about this is because it is gacha, you cannot leave a review as the item is unique/only one.

You could do an inworld Abuse Report on the store owner.  I think there is a Fraud category or something similar.  Then describe in detail what is happening.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:12 AM, maryaxang Bluebird said:

Scammers or people who sell botted items and empty boxes generally restock like all legit sellers. I could have 10 of the same item or more but don't necessarily put it all up on MP. I sell some of those inworld at my main store and flagship locations. Check the store and see if it has restocked the item. If so leave your review.  If they made a new listing of the item it it against LL TOS. They have to restock it into the same file folder. Check to see if the item is up as a new listing. If so report that to LL and take screen shots with your purchase number, the new item number etc. You can IM me for more info.

Adding to the comments above, if you opened the box and got another box instead of items, try opening the second box and see if it contains anything. Some gacha events used to have a system where you could trade your extra items for points towards a bigger reward, and they required putting the owner's box into the event box to do so. Bit confusing if you haven't encounted similar items before. :)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Luna Greymyst said:

Hey everyone. Please do not purchase from the storexxxxx They advertised a fake gatcha box, said it had 3 items, 1 being a rare, and opened it up it was an empty box with only 1 basic item in it and no rare. Linden Labs is refusing to do anything about it, refusing to investigate or shut down the shop and refusing to refund me. I mentioned charging back and they said they would shut down my account if I did that, so they are forcing me to be scammed and be quiet about it basically. xxx  messaged me and when I asked for a refund and said I would give the other item back, she called me an extortitionist. This person is truly malicious in their scamming and clearly didn't make no mistake!

as you are from 2010, you might haven't read the guidelines recently .. it's not allowed to name and shame here.

What you claim LL said is kinda unbelievable .. 

they said they would shut down my account

Edited by Alwin Alcott

14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

What you claim LL said is kinda unbelievable .. 

If I understood correctly, then it's very likely LL said about putting account on hold (and then probably shutting it down). If someone buys L$, uses them to acquire things, and then does a charge back through their bank, which is possible, then I can see LL putting account on hold as it will have a negative balance. Most if not all of similar/gaming services will do exactly the same or it would be too easy to play the system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.