LL should buy the Cinnamon and Chai bodies from Slink

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just curious, are you one of the folks who assumes all "laughs" are "scorn laughs"?

I am not. To me, a "laugh" is "just a laugh".

Frankly, people need to grow a much thicker skin.

There are posts I come across that do not require any sort of typed up response to - a simple click will suffice to encapsulate any response I could possibly give. There are times wherein I find a post concerning a topic that has been "discussed" to death here in the past ... The only response I can really give is such a "reaction" as there is no point whatsoever in bothering to type up a full response - if the user being reacted to actually cared enough, they could go looking for the prior topics/posts (the ones that still exist anyway) and actually read them. Other times ... Well, other times I'm just sick and tired of having to repeat myself.

I can almost guarantee Kly's reactions are covered by the above as well.

People seriously need to get a grip and grow some thicker skin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

What does all this mean with Lara at 33% when I've seen BREATHE, a fabulous shoe company put a shoe on sale almost every Friday or Weekend sale for well over a year now, and Breathe's shoes are mostly Maitreya or only Maitreya.  I'm not sure on that. Plus, I have a friend who only sells Maitreya shoes and the shoes are super low priced, well under 75 Linden every single day and almost none sell or maybe sell one pair a year..  

Weekend sales are passive income on already existing items. You will notice most shops don't put new items up - it's pieces their core base have already snagged at full price. And Blueberry always excludes new launches from sales for just that reason.

Maitreya is still market leader. Sale prices have nothing to do with that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I have heard @animats say that one day all clothes will fit every body.  I wonder how soon that technology will come to pass because all these bodies is a lot to put on creators...

No, I've only said that it's technically possible to develop software to do that, and that Roblox has done so. LL doesn't have that technology.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just curious, are you one of the folks who assumes all "laughs" are "scorn laughs"?

If there is nothing to laugh about in a post, it is a sarcastic laugh of a disapproving laugh in my book.

If the forums only had a few more sensible reaction buttons: like, agree, disagree, thanks, laugh and hug would be sufficient and pretty workable

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Weekend sales are passive income on already existing items. You will notice most shops don't put new items up - it's pieces their core base have already snagged at full price. And Blueberry always excludes new launches from sales for just that reason.

Maitreya is still market leader. Sale prices have nothing to do with that.

Of course, it's passive income but for Breathe to have shoes on sale every weekend for well over a year at least I found unusual but maybe it was a smart move because of COVID then or they just like to do it.  However, the Legacy body was taking over.  

I don't recall Blueberry ever having a New Year's half price sale on MP as well as a half price sale at Christmas.  If they did.  I missed it then.  I looked at *new items* and only one new item was left out of the New Year's sale.  Could be a bad economy but there is a bit of a craze seeming to happen for the ultra curvy bodies, newer than Legacy.  So, with the New Year's sale they had sale items that also included Kupra, Reborn and perhaps some other newer ones I'm not familiar with which did suggest perhaps it's been a slow sales year overall with only one of their new items left out.  But, the lean towards the curvier bodies is a trend.  I don't know if Maitreya is really the most popular.  It just doesn't seem that way.

But yeah all, we better get back on topic.  IMO, LL would buy SLINK if they wanted too.  SLINK could actually be many creators which may make it a difficulty to sell it.  Perhaps some who were involved in any part of the creation of SLINK are difficult to get ahold of for example and that's too iffy to touch...there could be reasons the lead creator doesn't want to sell.  I'd assume it's because it wasn't all created by her.  Most people in SL think there is only one creator for everything and that tends to not really be what's going on behind the scenes.  

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, animats said:

No, I've only said that it's technically possible to develop software to do that, and that Roblox has done so. LL doesn't have that technology.

Sorry, still don't know how to do these multi quote things.  

Thanks for clarifying this.  I would hope in the future we could have that technology though.

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Frankly, people need to grow a much thicker skin.

There are posts I come across that do not require any sort of typed up response to - a simple click will suffice to encapsulate any response I could possibly give. There are times wherein I find a post concerning a topic that has been "discussed" to death here in the past ... The only response I can really give is such a "reaction" as there is no point whatsoever in bothering to type up a full response - if the user being reacted to actually cared enough, they could go looking for the prior topics/posts (the ones that still exist anyway) and actually read them. Other times ... Well, other times I'm just sick and tired of having to repeat myself.

I can almost guarantee Kly's reactions are covered by the above as well.

People seriously need to get a grip and grow some thicker skin.

Whatever your favoured skin texture, if there's nothing of substance to contribute, or it doesn't bear repeating, there's no call to respond at all, including with a "reaction" that's dripping with derisive intent.  It's simply not fair to other posters trying to hold a productive discussion. This is not the first time this issue has been raised about that poster specifically, and it's all just enough already.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Of course, it's passive income but for Breathe to have shoes on sale every weekend for well over a year at least I found unusual but maybe it was a smart move because of COVID then or they just like to do it.  However, the Legacy body was taking over.  

I don't recall Blueberry ever having a New Year's half price sale on MP as well as a half price sale at Christmas.  If they did.  I missed it then.  I looked at *new items* and only one new item was left out of the New Year's sale.  Could be a bad economy but there is a bit of a craze seeming to happen for the ultra curvy bodies, newer than Legacy.  So, with the New Year's sale they had sale items that also included Kupra, Reborn and perhaps some other newer ones I'm not familiar with which did suggest perhaps it's been a slow sales year overall with only one of their new items left out.  But, the lean towards the curvier bodies is a trend.  I don't know if Maitreya is really the most popular.  It just doesn't seem that way.

But yeah all, we better get back on topic.  IMO, LL would buy SLINK if they wanted too.  SLINK could actually be many creators which may make it a difficulty to sell it.  Perhaps some who were involved in any part of the creation of SLINK are difficult to get ahold of for example and that's too iffy to touch...there could be reasons the lead creator doesn't want to sell.  I'd assume it's because it wasn't all created by her.  Most people in SL think there is only one creator for everything and that tends to not really be what's going on behind the scenes.  

Blueberry is more known for giving out credits for holiday things.. I think for Christmas they gave out store credit that you could get if you were in the group..

I probably would have did that, but they don't make things for Erika and  I pretty much have most of everything there already.. So if they ever do make things for Erika, I can just get them on redeliver.. That's always a fun  thing too.. hehehehe

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Regardless of the value of this suggestion—about which I have strong and opposing reactions that pretty much cancel each other out anyway—it's high time posters to this forum are spared this witless blight that's been imposed on most of the contributions to this thread:
image.png.cd6fe94b36558286e1597c0cdd2052cf.png
Whether we agree or disagree with the posters' positions, they do not deserve this crap. Enough already, Moderators.

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Several people had called her out on this. One can pretty much be sure it's a scorn laugh 98% of the time. I received a such reaction from her on one of my recent posts, but I've learned to pay her no mind. It really says a lot about a person who scorn laughs at someone leaving SL on a sad note.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, animats said:

I think Qarl's Mesh deformer code would have allowed that but the Lab nixed it and went their own solution instead. Both solutions would have been better.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

@Love Zhaoying, for what it's worth, i do appreciate you putting like/heart emojis on all the posts i put on the "Make Us Laugh"  thread instead of actual laughing emojis. Thank you for sparing my sensitieve lil feel-feels.

I've seen this Klytyna put laughing emojis on a lot of posts. I've wondered why too but in all honestly, i don't really care. I much rather see someone put some constructive content down. Oh well.

I'm off topic. I'm sorry.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

please correct me if I am wrong - this looks like the numbers are accumulated since they started counting. 

if they are accumulated, then they say literally nothing about the current status of worn bodies. 

If a bot encounters an avatar that, say, had Maitreya before (on the previous time bot has scanned that avatar) and Reborn now, then it makes changes so Maitreya goes down by 1 and Reborn goes up by 1.

However, I'm pretty sure a huge chunk of those entires are/were not updated/seen by the bots for a long time, possibly years. People leave SL, people stop using certain avatars for one reason or another, but the unique wearer/entry stays.

So I'd say it's more important to check the trending tab, than a total number of entries. Then it becomes obvious that bodies like Freya and Slinks (all of them) are, while still quite high on the list, are either stale or even on a negative trend (albeit rather slow one).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That's very impressive. I've been plugging for something like that, but I wanted to do it at bake time, not in the viewer. I thought it would be too compute intensive to do on each frame, and a pain to do in the GPU. But he got it to work.

Did he handle clothing layering? Shirt vs jacket vs pants vs boots is tough. No examples of that are shown. You have to decide, somehow,  what deforms what and what's supposed to be on top. It's really hard, in SL, to mix mesh pants from one outfit with a mesh shirt from another. Did he get that far?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, animats said:

That's very impressive. I've been plugging for something like that, but I wanted to do it at bake time, not in the viewer. I thought it would be too compute intensive to do on each frame, and a pain to do in the GPU. But he got it to work.

Did he handle clothing layering? Shirt vs jacket vs pants vs boots is tough. No examples of that are shown. You have to decide, somehow,  what deforms what and what's supposed to be on top. It's really hard, in SL, to mix mesh pants from one outfit with a mesh shirt from another. Did he get that far?

From what I remember, the only grid that actually instituted it was Inworldz which of course is no longer active but the server side code for it may still be in it as I believe they had it right up to their end.  ok seeing it was viewer side code only:

According to Daeschler, the code is already being integrated into the Kokua, Cool VL and Firestorm viewers. To use the deformer, users simply need to download the updated versions of these viewers — no additional work is required on the part of the grid owners.

“This particular project is all viewer side,” he explained, adding that the results on his grid have been very good.

Right now, however, only OpenSim users will be able to benefit, not Second Life users.

https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2013/07/inworldz-brings-mesh-deformer-to-opensim/

A chat log from Inara https://modemworld.me/2012/05/26/mesh-deformer-and-standard-sizes-qarl-speaks/

oh, here is a video of the alpha release:

Edited by Arielle Popstar
added video
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Whatever your favoured skin texture, if there's nothing of substance to contribute, or it doesn't bear repeating, there's no call to respond at all, including with a "reaction" that's dripping with derisive intent.  It's simply not fair to other posters trying to hold a productive discussion. This is not the first time this issue has been raised about that poster specifically, and it's all just enough already.

That's nice.

When you become a moderator you MIGHT have room to make such a decision regarding general discourse. Until then, use the tools available.

You're not required to like the response you get.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I think Qarl's Mesh deformer code would have allowed that but the Lab nixed it and went their own solution instead. Both solutions would have been better.

I think I remember that from years ago back on the SLU forums.. Wasn't that even a couple years before the major first mesh bodies even came out, like Maitreya, Slink,Belleza and TMP? That's about all I can remember from back then right now.. hehehe

• Like 2

Why should she get paid to quit?

Besides, if LL got the bodies, they'd put them in our libraries with the appropriate creator tools and permissions available (otherwise, it's literally a step backwards from system bodies).

Slink specifically opted to not give out their bodies or any creator resources, which suggests she wants them locked down and effectively useless in the future, not the opposite.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

So I'd say it's more important to check the trending tab, than a total number of entries. Then it becomes obvious that bodies like Freya and Slinks (all of them) are, while still quite high on the list, are either stale or even on a negative trend (albeit rather slow one).

looking at a trending tab def makes more sense, but also that will not show any shopping behaviour of those avatars. hence why stats vary a lot from store to store as what they are selling in which %.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think I remember that from years ago back on the SLU forums.. Wasn't that even a couple years before the major first mesh bodies even came out, like Maitreya, Slink,Belleza and TMP? That's about all I can remember from back then right now.. hehehe

I don't know as at the time 2012/2013, I was mostly in Opensim and only bought my first mesh body in S/L (Hourglass) in 2016 and hadn't followed what bodies were released before that. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salt Peppermint said:

looking at a trending tab def makes more sense, but also that will not show any shopping behaviour of those avatars. hence why stats vary a lot from store to store as what they are selling in which %.

Yeah, shopping behavior is another story and depends on far too many factors. From how long resident have been around (the amount of redeliveries with updated sizes available to them), to how good or/and unique store's content is compared to the alternatives and how many of said alternative options there are, and the style/direction of an outfit/creation.

What might attract the rare Gen X user simply because there's just not as many stores with stuff for them, might be unwanted by Legacy or Reborn users with (often) hundreds of similar options available.

Sheer volume of Maitreya users still keeps their sales on top in most cases, however even in that there are exceptions. A few smaller creators I know personally have dropped Maitreya last year and only create for the Legacy+Reborn now and their sales didn't suffer much, as things they create are all aimed at the specific crowd that is very unlikely to use Maitreya anymore.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Then you still have to cut deals with head creators and then hair creators,skin creators, clothes creators and so on, before they would have a complete mesh avatar ready to go for new users..

LL has an unlimited license to do anything they want with anything that anyone uploads. They don't have to cut deals unless they want to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.