Looking for a way to slow down camera angles

Mandy Carbenell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

this is for firestorm. not sure about other viewers in photo tools panel under the cam tab, crank up the cam smoothing slider. you can then use alt + arrow keys or ctrl+alt and arrow keys to move the cam . otherwise you would need a 3D mouse or xbox controller, but for simple videosm using this method should work fine

• Thanks 2

I had the most amazing camera HUD once but it disappeared out of my inventory and I think the maker of it was a mad genus who never sold them. I would put on the HUD and I instantly had black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, the middle was like a movie screen ratio and I could hit an arrow key and the camera would slowly fly in a direction smooth as silk and not stop. Zero frame rate problems. Zero rat tat tat jerking frames. I got so many amazing shots with that thing but no one makes them and I have no idea how to make one. Lost forever I guess. 

I heard the 3D mouse can work but I've never got one or tried it. I've never been able to get smooth zooms in second life. What I do I just use the pan and crop effects in my video editing program. I use sony vegas 18. I made this vid quick shows how I just add a slow pan/zoom using sony vegas. 

13 hours ago, Mandy Carbenell said:

Hi, I am making vids of Linden Homes decorated so other members can view and get ideas of their own. But I like slow movements like in RL TV shows. Is there something on MP I should get or.....?

What video editor do you use?

6 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

I had the most amazing camera HUD once but it disappeared out of my inventory and I think the maker of it was a mad genus who never sold them. I would put on the HUD and I instantly had black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, the middle was like a movie screen ratio and I could hit an arrow key and the camera would slowly fly in a direction smooth as silk and not stop. Zero frame rate problems. Zero rat tat tat jerking frames. I got so many amazing shots with that thing but no one makes them and I have no idea how to make one. Lost forever I guess. 

That soounds like it woulda been cool - a long time about a guy was making a 3d flycam that used the keyboard i used it for a year or so and it was great but super hard to install. He gave up on it unfortunlately and when I got a new computer I couldn't get it to install again

On 1/1/2023 at 9:35 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

this is for firestorm. not sure about other viewers in photo tools panel under the cam tab, crank up the cam smoothing slider. you can then use alt + arrow keys or ctrl+alt and arrow keys to move the cam . otherwise you would need a 3D mouse or xbox controller, but for simple videosm using this method should work fine

Thanks Jackson, that worked! I just need to show interiors so this works for me!

On 1/1/2023 at 12:35 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

I had no idea that button was there as I did not have it on my  firestorm toolbar! Works amazing!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.