What would cause this to happen when sailing?

SwagART

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

So I've ventured into sailing for the first time and rented from Second Norway. I left my dock and dealt with a few sim crossings without a hitch. Then (on two different occasions) my boat is suddenly returned to my lost and found leaving me walking on the sea bed. I didn't trigger any security orbs, I was sailing in the middle. and then my boat just vanished. 

I do get access to Blake Sea and it seemed to be the case that some Blake Sea region returned my boat. 

I'm very confused, so any advice will be appreciated. (and also any clubs or groups I can join for advice and tips on sailing)

Thanks

It happens to me sometimes even if I've crossed 20 sim crossings.. there is sometimes those little buggers that get me when I'm crossing.. I slow down big time when crossing into another sim.. Anytime I'm flying full bore in my boat. *POOF* there goes my stuff again.. hehehe

• Like 1

There can be different reasons, but if the sim have immediate autoreturn and when you cross, the region receive the data about your boat before the information that you are sitting on it, the autoreturn get activated and boom!

Slow down crossing can help a bit I think.

• Like 2

Was the land that you were sailing on protected? Or is it possible it was owned by somebody who had their parcel sunk underwater? 

if the latter, it’s possible that the tenant had Object Entry turned off for non-group members, and this triggered the return of your vessel m. 

• Like 1

Where?

Some possibilities:

• There are a few security orbs that don't say anything. They just kill on sight.
  • If you can't enter the parcel for permissions reasons, but your boat can, you get yanked out of the boat and dumped on the bottom. The boat continues on. It may get autoreturned, if the parcel is set for that. Or not. If you see an aircraft stuck in midair somewhere, that's often the cause.

I have often encountered instant vehicle returns in regular Blake Sea regions on slow crossings. While the regions themselves have a non zero autoreturn, they often seem to behave as if the time counted not for a single region but for all the Bake Sea ocean regions together.

Pro Tip: Don't have bad crossings in Blake Sea.

Corollary: There are rez zones in the NE of each Blake Sea region.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.