Second Life New Year's Resolutions for 2023

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What are your Second Life New Year's Resolutions for 2023?

Mine is to keep working toward my goals, without compromise or side-journeys (if I can help myself from taking them). Mostly in scripting projects.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Grammar, punctuation, spelling, wrong word choices
  • Like 10

Get more organized and focused on my creative projects, mainly scripting. 

Finish a project, get it listed on the market place, before starting a new shiny things that my brain thinks.  Make notes, yes, but do no actual work.  This includes non-critical updates to existing projects.

• Like 8

I might buy a membership sometime next year, a Plus level perhaps. 

Maybe learn more about 3d modeling... but I'd love to be able to upgrade my laptop PC to a newer model. Not sure a GTX 1050 GPU with 4GB VRAM will cut it in 2023... maybe for smaller objects I suppose, for basic practice but not a home or land (?).

Organize my inventory, throw out all the pointless demos. I will not throw out all of my classic avi looks, though. 

• Like 7

1. To become more social again in the communities I'm part of inworld. It has become extremely difficult to do this because of debilitating anxiety even in SL.

2. To be open to new friendships. Recent years have found me completely closed off to even consider this, but trying to work through that at the moment.

3. To learn even more about SL photography which is always an ongoing goal.

4. To simply be happier!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

In 2022 I got back into the habit of visiting art galleries and music events (subject, as always, to their being on when I'm awake!). But my proudest achievement was to swear off shopping for the foreseeable future and instead spend my money supporting artists, performers and venues. I also gave up my Premium subscription and my land parcel on Sansara and moved to a rental spot over on Nautilus.

My primary Second Life goal for 2023 is to (re)learn Blender and start making clothing and accessories for myself. Alongside that project, I'll be looking to switch bodies from my current Maitreya Lara to a PsiCorp Nova androgynous plus non-human hands and feet — no more pencil-eraser nipples! 😂 In 2021 I got a handle on texturing and created a custom skin for myself as well as retexturing my SNKN Vasaran alien head, and I'm planning to improve on that for my new mesh base ensemble. :)

If I have time to spare, I'll try and improve my photography skills — I now have a studio skybox where I can play with lighting, scenery and poses. 📸

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 12/31/2022 at 10:43 AM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Heavily edit friends list. 

I don't have that big a friend list, but I suspect there are a few that are either no longer active in Second Life or not even an acquaintance anymore.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.