Lindens failing to appear

Huakeriasan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

No, you did not order L$. You placed an offer to buy them at a specific price. Now you wait until other SL residents are willing to sell at the price you are willing to pay. And until other people who placed better offers ahead of you have theirs filled. If you set a price that is not attractive,  you could be  waiting for quite a while. Be patient. Or cancel your offer and place a new one at a better price,  or just buy at the current Market Rate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Huakeriasan said:

I didn't mean it that way I meant I bought it as in limited supply Lindens is what I meant lol  

See picture below -- Instant Buy (Market Buy) is immediate, Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy) is placing an order and hoping someone fills it.  Any estimate longer than half day, is typically wrong and way too short of an estimate.  

Also --  Be sure to read this:  https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/buying-and-selling-linden-dollars-r46/

image.png.ab74147289ce849848e382a5a577cd43.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Huakeriasan said:

So I ordered 200 + 6 dollars transaction delivery fee for Lindens and I haven't gotten them yet it said it would be here in 2 days ( bought on the 23rd ) can someone help me or at least get my lindens that I didn't get? 

@HuakeriasanSee @Rolig Loon's answer. 

We know that you did not "Order" or "Buy" Linden$ partly because you were told "2 days". 

If you just buy L$ at the "Market rate", the Linden$ are delivered to you immediately with no waiting.

Unless you are a Linden$ "investor", there is no reason for most users to "Order" Linden$.

I'd suggest you try ringing the billing support numbers and ask the staff on that.  Here are the numbers from support website:

Toll-Free (US/Canada 800.294.106

Long-Distance: 703.286.6277   

However, if you're not in the USA, I'd suggest you download Skype to your phone/tablet, then you can call their free number internationally, for free.

I didn't mean it that way I meant I bought it as in limited supply Lindens is what I meant lol  

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

No, you did not order L$. You placed an offer to buy them at a specific price. Now you wait until other SL residents are willing to sell at the price you are willing to pay. And until other people who placed better offers ahead of you have theirs filled. If you set a price that is not attractive,  you could be  waiting for quite a while. Be patient. Or cancel your offer and place a new one at a better price,  or just buy at the current Market Rate. 

That's exactly what I was talking about. That is NOT an order. It is an offer to buy if anyone cares to sell at the price you are suggesting. This is a currency exchange, not a shop. Unless you accept the current Market Rate, you are bargaining for a sale. Until someone meets your offering price, there's no sale. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Huakeriasan, Rolig is right. You didn't buy from a limited supply. You offered to buy $L at some defined price LIMIT. (That's where the name "limit buy" comes from). While the page gives an estimate for how long the order will take to be filled, the estimate is often wildly inaccurate. Your order will only be filled when (or if) the market price moves to match your offer.

If you get tired of waiting, you can go to the LindEx section of your Dashboard page, click the Manage link, and navigate to your orders. You can then cancel your current open order. The money will be moved to your $USD Balance, and can be used to make another order, either a Market Buy, or another Limit Buy, at a more realistic rate. At the current time, I'd suggest offering $L253 per dollar to have your order filled in a reasonable time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.