TEEGLE horse not able to add saddle....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the [Teegle] "Aurum" horse...  

I'm using a saddle from vae victis....  and i am not able to link the saddle to the horse.  

no one in teegle chat is able to help me.  if anyone has suggestions please let me know how to link the saddle to the horse....  

dragging the saddle to the group....  selecting the saddle in edit...  then selecting the horse in edit is not allowing me to link the saddle to horse.  the link button in edit mode is greyed out.  nothing i do will cuz the link button in edit mode to not be greyed out.

anyone with first hand experience with this issue?

Other than the suggestion above I can only think of one other possibility and that is the saddle may not be compatible with Aurum.  Does the Vae Victis saddle state categorically that it CAN be used with Aurum?  What is suitable for other virtual flesh and blood Teeglepets is not necessarily compatible with the mech and skeleton horses.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 8:36 AM, Sandra8675 said:

dragging the saddle to the group....  selecting the saddle in edit...  then selecting the horse in edit is not allowing me to link the saddle to horse.  the link button in edit mode is greyed out.  nothing i do will cuz the link button in edit mode to not be greyed out.

anyone with first hand experience with this issue?

Hi @Sandra8675! Were you able to figure this out?

This tack and the matching skin were on my wishlist for my mech horse, so I went ahead and bought them to try this out. As far as I can tell, the thing that is most likely to make the Link button stay greyed out is forgetting to press and hold your Shift key while linking the saddle to your mech horse.

From the notecard that came with my horse:

Linking Accessories

•   To link a rigged mesh accessory to your horse:
        •   Rez the accessory beside your horse
        •   Right click and edit the accessory
        •   Hold shift and left click your horse
        •   Click the link button in the edit window

For the curious, this is the Gilded Era tack made in collaboration between Vae Victis and En Pointe. The tack and matching skin for the mechanical horse live at the Vae Victis store; the tack for all other breeds, who don't appear to have matching skins, lives at the En Pointe store.

ArumGildedTack.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aime Ravenhurst said:

•   Right click and edit the accessory
        •   Hold shift and left click your horse

I would assume people knowing about having both objects selected in case they wanna link them. :) 
But its good you pointed that out, just in case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone...  Ty for responding...  I'm going to try linking this thing again.  I appreciate all the info.  If nothing else I will get a redelivery.  The saddle is meant specific for the "Aurum" horse...  It all came as a complete set.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.