Can I use a linked bank on paypal to buy Ls then unlink

Pacies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hellooo I have a question if I link my bank and card to my paypal and buy lindens with said bank and bank card that is linked to paypal then unlink the card (once its been verified) will I still be able to use PayPal as my preferred way to pay? Without a card? 

Sorry if its confusing I basically asking if when I link my bank and card to paypal then buy lindens with it after its been verified by my bank can I then unlink the bank and card and buy lindens with my paypal balance as my preferred way to pay?

Edited by Pacies
Needed to fix wording

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Pacies said:

Hellooo I have a question if I link my bank and card to my paypal and buy lindens with said bank and bank card that is linked to paypal then unlink the card (once its been verified) will I still be able to use PayPal as my preferred way to pay? Without a card? 

Sorry if its confusing I basically asking if when I link my bank and card to paypal then buy lindens with it after its been verified by my bank can I then unlink the bank and card and buy lindens with my paypal balance as my preferred way to pay?

You would need to ask PayPal if your account stays "Verified" if you remove the bank account link.  If it does not, then I'm not sure how LL would handle it the next time you tried to buy L$.

Even with a bank account linked, PayPal typically defaults to using the PayPal balance first.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

On 12/25/2022 at 3:30 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

You would need to ask PayPal if your account stays "Verified" if you remove the bank account link.  If it does not, then I'm not sure how LL would handle it the next time you tried to buy L$.

Even with a bank account linked, PayPal typically defaults to using the PayPal balance first.

Thank you for the response! I think I saw something in the forums that said if you verify your account you can change the payment method to PayPal balance I'm just wondering of I can just use PayPal as a method without my card on my super old account I can do it with just my paypal account

Edited by Pacies

1 hour ago, Pacies said:

Thank you for the response! I think I saw something in the forums that said if you verify your account you can change the payment method to PayPal balance I'm just wondering of I can just use PayPal as a method without my card on my super old account I can do it with just my paypal account

First off -- Many of the places that require Payment Info on file, simply require that -- they do not require 'Payment method used'. 

In any case, first step is to do the PayPal steps to get the PayPal account 'Verified' -- and then add the PayPal account to your SL account.  You profile will then say "Payment method on file".  That might be enough to go the places you want to do.

If you want to get the 'Payment method used' label, then go ahead and buy some L$ from your PayPal account. 

Once that status shows on your account, it will stay forever, even if you completely remove your payment method from your account. 

However, if you wish to test doing what you specifically mentioned:  Add money to your PayPal balance - enough to cover an L$ purchase. Once PayPal shows a balance, remove your bank card, and then buy some L$.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.