AE House Controller system Hacienda Villa

Ebba Venus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I recently purchased a ville Hacienda Ville and the builder doenst respond any more. I am having a number of construction problems. Things are linked so I cannot edit specific items, like doors and the pool. I don’t get how to make the AE Housecontroller 2.0 working. The layout and contents are fine but too many doors and I want to remove a few.

Anyone with experience with the controller or unlinking and editing structures is welcome to drop me some advcie!

Thanks in advance!

Ebba

6 hours ago, Slade Demina said:

Hello,

I recently purchased a ville Hacienda Ville and the builder doenst respond any more. I am having a number of construction problems. Things are linked so I cannot edit specific items, like doors and the pool. I don’t get how to make the AE Housecontroller 2.0 working. The layout and contents are fine but too many doors and I want to remove a few.

Anyone with experience with the controller or unlinking and editing structures is welcome to drop me some advcie!

Thanks in advance!

Ebba

I can't be completely sure what you're asking, but . . .

Unlinking and editing objects, including structures, is pretty simple, fortunately. "Edit" the building, calling up the Build/Edit dialog box, and then click on the "Edit linked" radio button. (Alternately, you can choose the "Edit linked" button before clicking on the structure.) You can then use the small arrow keys that should be next to the "Link" button to "scroll" through the parts of the building until the part you want to edit is highlighted -- or click directly on that part. You should now (assuming that the build is modifiable) be able to edit that one part separately. If you want to unlink it from the rest, then click the "Unlink" button. Once unlinked from the structure, you can delete it without impacting the rest of the object.

Needless to say, be careful that you're doing this with a copy of the building. And be aware that it may well end up looking odd, depending upon how it's been constructed -- for instance, the edges of walls may not have "faces," meaning that once they are exposed by removing something, they will be transparent.

Here are the options at the top of the build/edit dialog; the ones in red are the ones I've mentioned above. This is from Firestorm, but it looks much the same in the LL viewer.

Edit-box-Blank.png.1ac2940b7062dc9a138700ce5b94da64.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Once unlinked from the structure, you can delete it without impacting the rest of the object.

Well, maybe.  If there are scripts in the linkset, then removing a link or changing the order of links may mess up the scripts rather badly.  You might end up with light switches that make your windows shine, or walls that rotate when you click to open a door. This is why it is always important to

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

be careful that you're doing this with a copy of the building.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.