Can I remove emoticons of other users on the bottom right of my posts?

hallebarde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, hallebarde said:

That is, the little hearts and trophies or laughters?

hearts etc.png

Try this - cut a sticking plaster into a thin strip and stick it to your monitor over the emojis reaction part! You have to be careful not to move or resize your browser, but you can then scroll down and the plaster will cover all emojis on every post at the same spot 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

Try this - cut a sticking plaster into a thin strip and stick it to your monitor over the emojis reaction part! You have to be careful not to move or resize your browser, but you can then scroll down and the plaster will cover all emojis on every post at the same spot 🙂

Maybe masking tape over that part of your eyeglasses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a low paperclip wall. So you can't see the icons any longer

Now I have thought over the matter all night long during a deep sleep, I wonder, is there a workaround to no longer see the avatar pictures on the forums to avoid possible nightmares?  🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 4:39 PM, Arielle Popstar said:

Considering the mod's desire to rid the forums of all controversy, you would think they would do like other media sites where there is only an upvote option. The reaction buttons can certainly be used as a form of hate in some instances so something the Lab should consider doing away with considering the amount of controversy it has caused in past.

There's already no way to downvote people here. Most of the emojis are upvotes. Confused and sad are neutral. That means your forum reputation can only go up and all the people hitting the laughter are upvoting you. This isn't like Reddit where you can be downvoted to the deepest depths (and have your comments hidden as a result). I think there'd be a lot less controversy if more people understood that.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 2

I personally like the lighthearted jokes in here but really people are wondering why many leave the forums?

I see so many posts where the OP gets ridiculed by the same regular people. 

And not many people can take jokes that good, and even if the questions might seem weird to us personally we maybe should refrain from making fun of those people and dragging those jokes over endless posts.

Usually it's one serious answer in those threads, and 5073 sites of "hAha sO stuPid"

Although I do enjoy reading them on my train ride to work, I am not surprised personally why so many others don't bother with the forums much. 

The reason I wanted emoticons not to be included in my posts is so that someone wouldn't praise me when in fact his true feelings about them are different.
I don't think anyone should accuse the other of ingratitude.

We all have our freedom of will.
No matter how great is a benefaction given for free, it can always be ignored, even if this is the end of the world.
But the lying, slander, distortion of the truth made to undermine one's position and life come at a price.
And if the stakes are high, then perhaps this can bring the end of the world.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Emojis are responsible for the end of the world, I knew it.

Passive aggressive 🙂 were sent by the 👿

Forget what I posted in here before gonna keep that post for another poor soul asking for real help...talking of help...dear OP go and get some in RL this problem seems to be beyond emojis in some forum. 

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.