Can I remove emoticons of other users on the bottom right of my posts?

hallebarde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, hallebarde said:

Can I remove emoticons of other users on the bottom right of my posts?

That is, the little hearts and trophies or laughters?

Add U-Block to your browser and use these filters.

community.secondlife.com##.ipsClearfix.ipsItemControls_right
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(reacted to a post)
community.secondlife.com##.ipsType_light.ipsReactOverview_small.ipsReactOverview > ul

That will remove emoticons from posts and the profile activity

(If you don't know what U-Block is Google it)

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, hallebarde said:

hearts etc.png

If there was a way, it would only be for your eyes.. Everyone else will still see them..

The easiest way is to just not look over there or don't let them bother you.

This reminds me of a very good quote on this subject.

"Such things should not so easily sway those of a strong heart and mind. Be the strong oak my child, standing in the middle of the storm, not bending or breaking, but just doing oak stuff like oaks usually do."

-Sammy Davis Jr

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hallebarde said:

hearts etc.png

You can stop getting notified about them:  Click your name in the upper right of this page and select Account Settings.  Then click 'Notifications Settings' under 'Other Settings' on the right side. Expand 'Mentions and My Content' and untick the boxes for 'Reactions'.

11 hours ago, hallebarde said:

hearts etc.png

Considering the mod's desire to rid the forums of all controversy, you would think they would do like other media sites where there is only an upvote option. The reaction buttons can certainly be used as a form of hate in some instances so something the Lab should consider doing away with considering the amount of controversy it has caused in past.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Considering the mod's desire to rid the forums....

Hmm that would be nice but there's very little activity so they won't change the structure.
Every year i leave for 6-9 months and then come back, all i see is even less users being active.
Have a look at last years Mr&MrsAnonymoose Christmas thread and compare. Most are gone.

3 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Have a look at last years Mr&MrsAnonymoose Christmas thread and compare. Most are gone.

Do you mean - or did you check if - they are even still in Second Life? 

If they are gone from both the Forums AND Second Life - then their activity in the Forums is irrelevant because "they are gone", period.

A lot of "good people" who used to be active in the Forums are "gone, gone". It's not like they quit Second Life completely because of the Forums..

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do you mean - or did you check if - they are even still in Second Life? 

If they are gone from both the Forums AND Second Life - then their activity in the Forums is irrelevant because "they are gone", period.

A lot of "good people" who used to be active in the Forums are "gone, gone". It's not like they quit Second Life completely because of the Forums..

They are still here as I chatted with him last night yet and he was telling me he is trying to sell kegs of beer inworld because he has a glut of stock:

Ms. AnonyMoose is at it again. Her promotion to Chief Financial Moose here at Moolson's Brewery has gone to her head. She’s on a cost cutting binge and has accused me of rejecting excessive amounts of beer in my capacity as QC inspector #420. 

I cannot allow sub-standard product to be sold under the Moolson’s name, so I’ve been serving our rejects in the company cafeteria. Unfortunately, we can’t collectively drink the rapidly growing stream of defective kegs. So, I’ve been selling them into the grey market and have decided to gift the proceeds, just to spite the old cow. Here’s your share…

Merry Moosemas! 509bd895dbbfc0712123dd793427fc47.png

He sent me a Christmas present from the proceeds! Thank you @MrAnonyMoose Good luck with sales!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

They are still here as I chatted with him last night yet and he was telling me he is trying to sell kegs of beer inworld because he has a glut of stock:

He sent me a Christmas present from the proceeds! Thank you @MrAnonyMoose Good luck with sales!

Mhm but i wasn't speaking of Mr&Mrs Ano, got their gift too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The quote I was referring to from Nick was, "most are gone". Here, my understanding is that "most" did not refer necessarily to "Mr. and Mrs. Anonymoose", but multiple other people in the thread.

But, Nick answered with "I don't care" so..there ya go.

9 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Add U-Block to your browser and use these filters.

community.secondlife.com##.ipsClearfix.ipsItemControls_right
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(reacted to a post)
community.secondlife.com##.ipsType_light.ipsReactOverview_small.ipsReactOverview > ul

That will remove emoticons from posts and the profile activity

(If you don't know what U-Block is Google it)

U block Origin is the bees knees, for life. Have used it a long time and its VERY HANDY getting rid of crap you don't want to see...ever.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Modulated said:

U block Origin is the bees knees, for life. Have used it a long time and its VERY HANDY getting rid of crap you don't want to see...ever.

Nods, try these filters if you prefer a standard look without sidebar etc.

community.secondlife.com###footer

community.secondlife.com###ipsLayout_sidebar
community.secondlife.com##.md\:ipsMargin_bottom\:half.ipsMargin_bottom.ipsClearfix.ipsResponsive_pull.ipsBox.ipsPageHeader
community.secondlife.com##div.ipsSpacer_bottom.ipsBox--child.ipsBox.cProfileSidebarBlock:nth-of-type(3)
community.secondlife.com##.ipsRadius.ipsPadding.ipsMargin_bottom.cProfileSidebarBlock.ipsLeaderboard_trophy_1

community.secondlife.com##.ipsUnreadBar
community.secondlife.com##.ipsFlashMsg_bottom.ipsFlashMsg_dismissable.ipsPadding\:half.cPostFlash
community.secondlife.com##html body.ipsApp.ipsApp_front.ipsJS_has.ipsClearfix.ipsApp_noTouch div#ipsTooltip.ipsTooltip.ipsType_noBreak.ipsTooltip_top
community.secondlife.com##.ipsReact_blurb

and if you want to ghost specific thread categories of no interest, something like this (replace threadcat)

community.secondlife.com##li:has(div>div>div>p>a:has-text(/THREADCAT1|THREADCAT2|THREADCAT3|\bwar\b/i))

example.

community.secondlife.com##li:has(div>div>div>p>a:has-text(/français|Deutsch|日本語フォーラム|italiano|español|русски||\bwar\b/i))

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:
Hmm that would be nice but there's very little activity so they won't change the structure.
Every year i leave for 6-9 months and then come back, all i see is even less users being active.

Because the forum thrives on some controversies even if some echo chamber fans run around reporting posts and threads they aren't in agreement with. Where the issue I see is the moderation becoming increasingly censorious to the point where quite a number of posters couldn't see any benefit to spending time researching and writing out a post only to have it unceremoniously trashed. So not surprising there are increasingly less people on the forums. People have better things to do with their time then have their thoughts and opinions cancelled.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People might not be quitting but that doesn't mean they aren't spending less time and L$ inworld. The forums are a part of the community and with current restrictions and censorship that is now the new norm, I been spending less time here and that has automatically translated to less time inworld.

• Like 1

OP, i'm so intrigued. Please answer what a few people (and now me) are dying to know; why would you want to block people's reactions to posts? Mind you, you're asking this on a forum, where questions are typically asked and other people react to them.My mind is a little bit blown at the minute. Please let us know.

mindblown.gif.8b1222753b0b74f21cde390aba1e6d4b.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

People have better things to do with their time then have their thoughts and opinions cancelled.

Very true statement right here...which was what a lot of forum members were doing before the changes. It's a more peaceful environment now to say the least.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Very true statement right here...which was what a lot of forum members were doing before the changes. It's a more peaceful environment now to say the least.

Peaceful? Yes.
But so is an empty café too.
Enjoyable: much less.
Exactly like an empty café.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.