Blinking lights script that turns off and on with touch

Glovercali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am currently in need of some assistance. I have this script here that works great for what I need it to do, which is blink on and off with multiple faces and separate prims. I would like it to turn off and on with a touch, But cant figure out how to do that. 

they a christmas lights, the blinking is fine they turn on with touch but I of course cannot get them off with touch because I dont know how lol

here is the script -

{
    touch_start(integer num_detected)
    {

llSetTimerEvent(0.5);
    }

timer()
    {

integer i = llRound(llFrand(1.5));
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 2,i, PRIM_GLOW, 2, 0.15*i]);
        i = llRound(llFrand(1.5));
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 4, i, PRIM_GLOW,4, 0.15*i]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 3, i, PRIM_GLOW,3, 0.15*i]);

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(10,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 2, i, PRIM_GLOW,2, 0.15*i]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(10,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 1, i, PRIM_GLOW,1, 0.15*i]);

}
}

Hi Quistess! Thank you for the speedy response!

The script turned the blinking off but it didn't turn the fullbright off and glow off. How would I implement that in this script?

Thank you in advance!

integer isOn;
{
    {   
        llSetTimerEvent(0.5*(isOn=!isOn));
    }
    timer()
    { 

integer i = llRound(llFrand(1.5));
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 2,i, PRIM_GLOW, 2, 0.15*i]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 4, i, PRIM_GLOW,4, 0.15*i]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 3, i, PRIM_GLOW,3, 0.15*i]);

}
}

Edited by Glovercali

2 hours ago, Glovercali said:

turn the fullbright off and glow off.

integer isOn;
set_params()
{       integer i = llRound(llFrand(1.5))*isOn;
        i = llRound(llFrand(1.5))*isOn;

}
{
    {   llSetTimerEvent(0.5*(isOn=!isOn));
        set_params();
    }
    timer()
    {   set_params();
    }
}

would probably work.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.