Wearable Teleporter

TheDude1973

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw on the old forum a post back in 08 saying that it wasn't possible to create a script for a wearable object that could let you and/or others teleport to another SIM. I know many changes have come along since then and was wondering if this was still impossible to accomplish?

TheDude1973 wrote:

I saw on the old forum a post back in 08 saying that it wasn't possible to create a script for a wearable object that could let you and/or others teleport to another SIM. I know many changes have come along since then and was wondering if this was still impossible to accomplish?

Hi, there are no new built in functions for teleporting since then, attachments are mostly limited to physical movement and llMapDestination. People who use RLV can use a force teleport command, but there is not an equivalent that can work for all users on all viewers.

That's true, but fortunately that's exactly what the OP wants to do.... wear the teleport-scripted object.  :smileywink:   I've done it myself several times.  In fact, I have been selling a TP HUD device on Marketplace for over a year.

Rolig Loon wrote:

That's true, but fortunately that's exactly what the OP wants to do....
wear
the teleport-scripted object.  :smileywink:

Read further down in caveats and you will see the map will only open for the owner even when touched by someone else

In notes it states: if called inside an attachment, it only works for the owner

:smileyvery-happy:

Ah... OK.  I was not focusing on someone else teleporting.  In that case, you'd have to do it indirectly. The other person would have to be wearing a companion script.  The OP's script would include...

if (llDetectedKey() != llGetOwner()){     string destination = SIM + "|" + (string)targetpos;     llSay(channel, destination);  }

and the companion script would listen for the message on channel and include

list temp = llParseString2List(msg,["|"],[]);string SIM = llList2String (temp, 0);vector dest = (vector)llList2String(temp,1);llMapDestination(SIM, dest,ZERO_VECTOR);

Clicking on the OPs scripted device would activate the second one too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.