Are We Not Allowed To Change Profile/Real Life Pictures On Second Life Web Anymore??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So not sure if anyone else has noticed but the second life profile page on the web wont let you change your profile picture anymore instead you have to go in the second life viewer but it only changes the actual pictures in the games profile page not the web, are we not stuck with the ones that are on the web and the other question is... is the web version getting trashed? there is no way to change them from the actual web anymore so now im stuck with the pictures I put up a while back. anyone know why?

15 minutes ago, xheavenlysinsx said:

So not sure if anyone else has noticed but the second life profile page on the web wont let you change your profile picture anymore instead you have to go in the second life viewer but it only changes the actual pictures in the games profile page not the web, are we not stuck with the ones that are on the web and the other question is... is the web version getting trashed? there is no way to change them from the actual web anymore so now im stuck with the pictures I put up a while back. anyone know why?

Following on from the discussion in October, apparently you can upload a new profile pic for free if you use the SL official viewer. Not in Firestorm. 

I didn't notice whether it updates on the web too or not.

It's my understanding that the whole web-profile thing is intended to be scrapped soon anyway.

Edited by Lewis Luminos

37 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Following on from the discussion in October, apparently you can upload a new profile pic for free if you use the SL official viewer. Not in Firestorm. 

I didn't notice whether it updates on the web too or not.

It's my understanding that the whole web-profile thing is intended to be scrapped soon anyway.

Well if that's the case then they must be in the cases of scrapping the online profile system maybe that's just their way of slowly shutting it down because like I said if I go into second life and do exactly what they say the second life profile itself changes my images but if I go to the web my pictures on the web are still the same they will not change even though that's what it tells me to do so that's why I made a thread asking if I'm doing something wrong or what's going on I'm a premium plus member so I upload for free anyway so I didn't know that was the case of uploading but regardless it just feels like Everything is really stopped on the online portion of it which is sad because it was a way for you to kind of be mobile

3 hours ago, xheavenlysinsx said:

Well if that's the case then they must be in the cases of scrapping the online profile system maybe that's just their way of slowly shutting it down because like I said if I go into second life and do exactly what they say the second life profile itself changes my images but if I go to the web my pictures on the web are still the same they will not change even though that's what it tells me to do so that's why I made a thread asking if I'm doing something wrong or what's going on I'm a premium plus member so I upload for free anyway so I didn't know that was the case of uploading but regardless it just feels like Everything is really stopped on the online portion of it which is sad because it was a way for you to kind of be mobile

Are you using the official viewer to change your pic?  I normally use Firestorm but logged in with the LL viewer so my pics on the web synced with inworld.

6 hours ago, xheavenlysinsx said:

Yeah the whole thing is f**ked up, still has photos i used back in October.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.